Respected Contributor

Re: Upcoming Kitchenaid TSV?

on march 9 theres going to be kitchen aid deal but they dont say what item yet. i sent qvc a message to find out if its going to be a mixer. im hopping it will be a 6 quart bowl lift mixer by kitchen aid.we have been waiting for them to have it  as deal of the day. when i find out i will let you know.

Respected Contributor

If you bake bread regularly, the lift bowl is a better mixer. I have an old lift bowl (20 yrs old) and I recently got a fancy Artisan for free (point expiring from years ago at Marriott, so use them or lose them.) I love the smaller unit for how it fits on the counter, but it practically jumps off when I do a simple two-loaf batch of white bread. (6 cups of flour, 2 liquid, you know the drill.) I was going to craigslist my old mixer but now I'm not sure. I bake my own bread and I do two loaves which last me about two weeks. So I'm not sure the Artisan is a good fit as the motor is obviously working hard to do that dough. It does a good job, but the big mixer bats out that dough much more easily. 

Respected Contributor

Here's unsolicited advice.  Go to their website and look at their full line of stand mixers.  You'll find that the product descriptions for only the most expensive two machines (priced around $1000) specifically say that they were assembled in their Ohio plant.  For the rest, may be that you're paying the KA price for a mixer that has been "offshored".

Honored Contributor

The big bowl lifts are THE one to get for multiple batches of cookies or for any bread doughs.

Occasional Visitor

I was looking also and I think it’s Feb 17

Respected Contributor

Please also check Macy’s home sale price with coupon. I also finally treated myself to this gem. Having a splatter shield important. Like stainless bowl since I can’t break. Good luck