Super Contributor

Is anyone here on the forum having a tupperware party or know of someone who is?

I am wanting a couple of items and one has to be ordered from a party to get the lower price.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Since this topic is up, I was wondering if anyone who will be responding has any idea just how popular Tupperware really is any more.

In it's day, it was the premier brand of plastic ware (the only at one point, really) but with the advent of the lock and lock type systems I would guess that Tupperware isn't as popular any more.

I know it is still crazy expensive, and was also wondering if it is made in USA anymore, or has it gone overseas as well?

I still have very many vintage pieces that I use extensively, but don't think the new is all that creative or great. 

What are other's ideas about the quality/price/popularity of this old American standard?

Honored Contributor

I like that stuff at Bed and bath. LIke those canisters you just press down on the lids and it forces the air out. Might be kind of pricey, but , last forever. I got 4 for sugar, lt. brown sugar, dark brown sugar, pwd. sugar.

I can't figure out why they can't invent something to keep brown sugars from going hard and lumpy. I thow in a piece of bread in all my canisters. Pwd. sugar don't do that why is it only the brown sugars?

Super Contributor

I use one of my lock n lock containers for my brown sugar and haven't had any problems with it getting hard.

I still have lots of the older tupperware too. But my go to is lock n lock. I am wanting the tupperware egg cooker they have and some smaller tumblers for my grandsons.

Respected Contributor

Have you looked on Amazon or ebay?  I've found lots of Tupperware at either location.

Honored Contributor

@crazy4bears wrote:

I use one of my lock n lock containers for my brown sugar and haven't had any problems with it getting hard.

I still have lots of the older tupperware too. But my go to is lock n lock. I am wanting the tupperware egg cooker they have and some smaller tumblers for my grandsons.

I much prefer L&L, too. I've kept a few pieces of my old Tupperware, just for nostalgia's sake.

The last time I looked at the Tupperware catalogue onlone was maybe a year ago. It was dizzying. I couldn't even figure out what each line was for. L&L is simple and no fuss: It works for freezer, refrigerator, and storage. No fancy descriptions needed.

I don't require fancy designs or all that stuff for my plastic storage needs. Plus, my L&L wears better than did my Tupperware.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Doesn't KMart still sell it?   I know lot's of people that still use it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I agree about checking Amazon or ebay.  There are always a lot of new TW items on ebay and the prices can be very good.

Glad I'm not the only one who keeps some vintage pieces of TW.  I don't use it at all for food storage but I just can't seem to let some of my old ones go. 

For food storage, for me anyway, it's either L&L or vacuum sealing.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
The lower price??? What lower price? A friend had a party a couple years ago so I did some research first. Its outrageously priced and they say manufactured in US and in foreign countries. So I can't even use the loyalty to US workers to spend that kind of money. I begged off the party, she never even asked why and I think she knew. The price of all these party lines seems to have heavy percentages built in for sales managers. The party giver doesn't really get that much.