Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Jack had his magic beans... the ones he got from the old man for the cow... beans his mother eventually threw out the window (furious that Jack sold the cow for beans), landing them in the dirt to sprout that behemoth beanstalk... beans that ultimately led Jack to the giant’s castle in the sky and to the sack of gold he stole for a happy ending.

Now, Joe has Magic Beans, too! We got ours from France. No cows were involved—except for maybe with the milk chocolate. A French confectioner—who’s been making magical nougat using the same artisan process for over 100 years—is presently making it for us.

Almonds make the base of this traditional nougat. Our supplier roasts the nuts in copper kettles with caramelized sugar, imparting a delicate flavor. That almond paste is then cooled and passed through cylinders to form little beans.

These naked, Nougatine Beans are next “panned” (gently tossed in a rotating turbine) with milk chocolate for an even coating. After drying, the chocolate covered nougat beans are panned again—this time in one of three naturally colored syrups.

After drying one more time, the colorful Beans are finally “varnished” with a very thin and clear coconut oil shellac, which makes them irresistibly shiny. Magic Beans!

This is the kind of confection Trader Joe’s treasures. While Jack’smagic beans led to a giant whom Jack chose to rob for his own benefit, Joe’s Magic Beans lead only to nutty, chocolate-covered bliss—no thieving required.

And the fact that we’ve priced Trader Joe’s 7.7-ounce bag ofMagic Beans so reasonably (just $3.99), means the only thing you’ll need to steal is a few moments, during which you can thoroughly enjoy this magical candy. 

DH stopped at TJoes and give me a couple these to try at the exact moment I saw your post!!!

They are delicious!

@NoelSeven-yes, we also bought the Magic Beans today. Not alot of stock-just a small amount located at the checkout stands. Very interesting texture & taste.  Not overly sweet with a hint of toffee. Will enjoy some more later with a glass of red wine.

They had samples of the butternut squash gyoza, also delish. 

Not sure if it's a new item-they had a big display of pumpkin seasoned chips to serve with peach salsa-it was an end cap.  

Our stash of seasonal goodies includes several jars of the pumpkin body butter, the chocolate magic beans, the broccoli kale slaw salad kit and the harvest pumpkin salad kit.

A Complete Salad. In A Bag.

One of our favorite things about fall is combining seasonal flavors in ways we hadn't previously encountered. That's what we've done with Trader Joe's Harvest Blend Complete Salad, a blend of veggies and several takes on pumpkin. 

This salad-in-a-bag kit begins with baby lettuces and baby greens like spinach and kale, and gets additional veggie crunch from cruciferous inclusions like broccoli and cauliflower.  From there, things get a big boost of crunch at the same time they get a big boost of the season's most prominent flavor… pumpkin! First we bring in roasted pumpkin seeds. Crunchy. Then come the pumpkin cornbread croutons. You read that right. Pumpkin. Cornbread. Croutons. Once you've fallen in love with these (and you will), you'll want to include them in all kinds of soups and salads.  We've made that easy by packaging Pumpkin Cornbread Croutons on their own as well. Back to the salad… Dates and raisins deliver a little sweetness, and a sweet & tangy pumpkin vinaigrette provides the perfect dressing. As you stare at the harvest moon while cutting a rug at the harvest dance, remember to keep up your strength with Trader Joe's Harvest Blend Salad. We're selling each 14 ounce kit (enough for about four side salads) for $3.99-$4.49 (price varies by region), every day. You'll find it in our refrigerated produce case.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

DH just brought this home because he knows I love Panettone!

I'll let you know how we like this one Smiley Happy

I don't think I've seen this one, @NoelSeven but as I'm not a panettone fan as you are, I might have missed it.

@Chi-town girl -- I forgot to acknowledge the Pumpkin Body Butter.  I still have some from last year.  Good stuff!

Trusted Contributor

More ideas please!!! 

Respected Contributor

Went to Trader Joe's yesterday and it seemed to me that 80% of their items contained pumpkin in some way or form.  Hate it!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Some new items at TJ's to try/add to your shopping list. Anyone try these? Reviews?

For a few years (2007-2012) the Ghost chili was classified as theworld’s hottest chili pepper, with an average of more than 1,000,000 Scoville heat units—that’s about 417 times hotter than the average jalapeño! And while it has been knocked to third place (Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion in first and second, respectively), it still packs a ghostly punch.

When something this spicy comes along, our first instinct is almost always how to eat it without injuring ourselves or others. And so we created Trader Joe’s Ghost Chili Lattice Cut Potato Chips, of course.

Ghost Pepper Potato Chips are seriously spicy chips, but if you’re a lover of all things spicy, these will bring pure joy and bliss rather than pain and suffering. Their spiciness is also balanced by the naturally sweet profile of the potatoes themselves—the chili enhances, rather than overwhelms the potato. Crafted exclusively for Trader Joe’s, these are lattice cut chips, so they really hold to their spicy seasoning.

Hauntingly crispy, these treats evoke the spookiness of Halloween. In that spirit, by the time the goblins have disappeared from your neighborhoods, Ghost Pepper Lattice Cut Chips will have disappeared from your neighborhood Trader Joe’s. Don’t let the specter of missing them cause you to cry “Boo!” Come in for yours soon, before they’re mere phantoms of what used to be. Each seven-ounce bag is $2.29, while they last.

@Chi-town girl thanks so much for this!!! I've got to go to Trader Joe's and try them!!! 

I've heard all about these ghost peppers. They make scotch bonnet peppers seems like kid stuff. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Jack had his magic beans... the ones he got from the old man for the cow... beans his mother eventually threw out the window (furious that Jack sold the cow for beans), landing them in the dirt to sprout that behemoth beanstalk... beans that ultimately led Jack to the giant’s castle in the sky and to the sack of gold he stole for a happy ending.

Now, Joe has Magic Beans, too! We got ours from France. No cows were involved—except for maybe with the milk chocolate. A French confectioner—who’s been making magical nougat using the same artisan process for over 100 years—is presently making it for us.

Almonds make the base of this traditional nougat. Our supplier roasts the nuts in copper kettles with caramelized sugar, imparting a delicate flavor. That almond paste is then cooled and passed through cylinders to form little beans.

These naked, Nougatine Beans are next “panned” (gently tossed in a rotating turbine) with milk chocolate for an even coating. After drying, the chocolate covered nougat beans are panned again—this time in one of three naturally colored syrups.

After drying one more time, the colorful Beans are finally “varnished” with a very thin and clear coconut oil shellac, which makes them irresistibly shiny. Magic Beans!

This is the kind of confection Trader Joe’s treasures. While Jack’smagic beans led to a giant whom Jack chose to rob for his own benefit, Joe’s Magic Beans lead only to nutty, chocolate-covered bliss—no thieving required.

And the fact that we’ve priced Trader Joe’s 7.7-ounce bag ofMagic Beans so reasonably (just $3.99), means the only thing you’ll need to steal is a few moments, during which you can thoroughly enjoy this magical candy. 

@Chi-town girl nougat and marzipan are two of my favorite treats. The french do nougat proud. lol, I've got th check these out. Smiley Wink

I bet they're from the south of France (Provence area) because there are a number of small nougat manufacturers there. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's New Items

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl nougat and marzipan are two of my favorite treats. The french do nougat proud. lol, I've got th check these out. Smiley Wink

I bet they're from the south of France (Provence area) because there are a number of small nougat manufacturers there. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777-yes, these are a special treat! It's hard to describe-an interesting combo of textures and not overly sweet. The ingredient tag on the bag states that it is a product of France. Please post your review.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's New Items

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

and @Chi-town girl replied: 

@bebe777-yes, these are a special treat! It's hard to describe-an interesting combo of textures and not overly sweet. The ingredient tag on the bag states that it is a product of France. Please post your review.

@Chi-town girl, I finally purchased the Magic Beans from TJs. I haven't shopped there in a bit because the store has been so busy on the weekends.

Unfortunately, I was really disappointed with my Magic Beans. They're from France, so I'm guessing they're probably from the Montlemar region in Provence which is where a lot of these confections are made. 

I didn't get any sort of nougat taste. It just kind of tastes like RIce Crispies that are slightly old with a bit of chocolate in them. Oh well, the hunt was still fun. 

I forgot to look for the Ghost Pepper Potato Chips. Maybe next time. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

________

Some new items at TJ's to try/add to your shopping list. Anyone try these? Reviews?

For a few years (2007-2012) the Ghost chili was classified as theworld’s hottest chili pepper, with an average of more than 1,000,000 Scoville heat units—that’s about 417 times hotter than the average jalapeño! And while it has been knocked to third place (Carolina Reaper and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion in first and second, respectively), it still packs a ghostly punch.

When something this spicy comes along, our first instinct is almost always how to eat it without injuring ourselves or others. And so we created Trader Joe’s Ghost Chili Lattice Cut Potato Chips, of course.

Ghost Pepper Potato Chips are seriously spicy chips, but if you’re a lover of all things spicy, these will bring pure joy and bliss rather than pain and suffering. Their spiciness is also balanced by the naturally sweet profile of the potatoes themselves—the chili enhances, rather than overwhelms the potato. Crafted exclusively for Trader Joe’s, these are lattice cut chips, so they really hold to their spicy seasoning.

Hauntingly crispy, these treats evoke the spookiness of Halloween. In that spirit, by the time the goblins have disappeared from your neighborhoods, Ghost Pepper Lattice Cut Chips will have disappeared from your neighborhood Trader Joe’s. Don’t let the specter of missing them cause you to cry “Boo!” Come in for yours soon, before they’re mere phantoms of what used to be. Each seven-ounce bag is $2.29, while they last.

________