Respected Contributor

Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's

I purchased a box of TJ Candy Cane Joe-Joe's today. The box says gluten free. Don'5 remember if they were gluten free in prior years. Anyway, wonder if anyone else has tried them this season because to me seems like they have cut back on the peppermint flavor in the cookie filling.
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
I purchased a box of TJ Candy Cane Joe-Joe's today. The box says gluten free. Don'5 remember if they were gluten free in prior years. Anyway, wonder if anyone else has tried them this season because to me seems like they have cut back on the peppermint flavor in the cookie filling.

I think they have two varieties - regular and gluten free.

You may have grabbed the wrong box by mistake...or maybe they don't have the other kind out yet.

Thanks for the heads up...I know where I'm going tomorrow!

Respected Contributor

I have the date set when I am going to buy their holiday items, Tuesday Nov 8 Election Day. I vote and then will head out to TJs to shop. I already spoke with the manager as I have a list of items to buy.

Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

I have the date set when I am going to buy their holiday items, Tuesday Nov 8 Election Day. I vote and then will head out to TJs to shop. I already spoke with the manager as I have a list of items to buy.

@BabyYoda Just wondering why do you speak to the manager about the list of items you are going to buy? Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:

I just came from TJs.

There are two varieties - gluten free and regular.

I got the regular version.

I hope this clears up the mystery for you!

Respected Contributor

@jb20 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@BabyYoda Just wondering why do you speak to the manager about the list of items you are going to buy? Good luck.

@jb20 I live far from a Trader Joes store and I plan my monthly trips accordingly. So I know every year they get their full stock of holiday goodies in around November 7/8 and I can do my holiday gift giving and of course pick up holiday treats for myself. The manager lets me know what day to come to do my shopping. I don't go back until December and by then most of the holiday items are gone. 

Trusted Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@jb20 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@jb20 I live far from a Trader Joes store and I plan my monthly trips accordingly. So I know every year they get their full stock of holiday goodies in around November 7/8 and I can do my holiday gift giving and of course pick up holiday treats for myself. The manager lets me know what day to come to do my shopping. I don't go back until December and by then most of the holiday items are gone. 

What items do you like to get?

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@jb20 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

What items do you like to get?

@CoastalGal I love TJ's and shop there often but around the holidays for gifts, the one that everyone always seems to love (both young and old) are their chocolate oranges that come in both dark and milk chocolate.  They are so delicious and everyone just gets such a kick out them as in order to enjoy them you have to whack them on a hard surface to break apart the slices:

Respected Contributor

Thanks to those who cleared up my issue/question regarding the JoJo's coming in two versions. My favorite are the dark chocolate covered ones. I did see that they had them, but passed on this shopping trip. I have noticed, at least where I shop, that the inventory of Holiday related items was not as great the past couple years as it had been in prior years so will purchase those items early if I want them. I have never tried the orange chocolate but guess it is a favorite among many.
Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Thanks to those who cleared up my issue/question regarding the JoJo's coming in two versions. My favorite are the dark chocolate covered ones. I did see that they had them, but passed on this shopping trip. I have noticed, at least where I shop, that the inventory of Holiday related items was not as great the past couple years as it had been in prior years so will purchase those items early if I want them. I have never tried the orange chocolate but guess it is a favorite among many.

When I was at the store yesterday, I asked a clerk if other Christmas items were coming and she said yes...they were just starting to come in!

I got a butternut squash and spinach casserole in the refrigerated section - it was fantastic - we had it last night with baked chicken breasts. They also had samples of scalloped potatoes - they were better than homemade.