Contributor

Todd English pressure cooker fail...

Did anyone happen to see Todd rushing to take the lid off of the pressure cooker last night? (Another channel)  Hot steaming liquid on almost everyone and everything.  No one was hurt that I could tell and he never skipped a beat.  He did say later that he was rushing.  Very scary.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Todd English pressure cooker fail...

I am still afraid to use a pressure cooker!!! .... I rather cook the "old fashioned" way!!

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I am still afraid to use a pressure cooker!!! .... I rather cook the "old fashioned" way!!

That is the old fashioned way.  My grandmother used a pressure cooker!

Esteemed Contributor

I have fond memories of my childhood pressure cooker experience.  Dad came home one night, asked my mother what was for dinner and she looked up at the ceiling.  Her cooker had exploded and the chicken casserole was dripping down.  That was it for me, I could not have been more than 5 or 6.

To be fair I am being told that the new ones do not do that.  Scary... I guess he had a NEWER model.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Just used my Cook's Essential pressure cooker today.  Made a small chuck roast.  I remember my mother using the old fashioned one to can carrots, years ago.  The lid blew off & the carrot slices were stuck on the kitchen ceiling.  I find my electric one a cinch to use.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Super Contributor

Todd seems like he is half asleep or bored when i tune in. Must have been interesting to see him hustle. Glad no one was hurt.

Esteemed Contributor

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

Todd seems like he is half asleep or bored when i tune in. Must have been interesting to see him hustle. Glad no one was hurt.

Ever since I read an article about him not showing up to his own wedding, I don't watch any of his presentations or buy any of his products.....

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

Honored Contributor

@bbsr wrote:

Did anyone happen to see Todd rushing to take the lid off of the pressure cooker last night? (Another channel)  Hot steaming liquid on almost everyone and everything.  No one was hurt that I could tell and he never skipped a beat.  He did say later that he was rushing.  Very scary.

I didn't actually see this but don't let this make you afraid of pressure cookers.  My guess is he rushed the process and didn't let enough of the steam escape before trying to take the lid off.  Pressure cookers these days are completely safe, easy to use and can help you make a delicious meal in minutes.

Honored Contributor

I'm not shilling for TE or anything (actually he repulses me), but it doesn't sound like mechanical failure at all.  It sounds like user failure.  

I get the impression that he tried to remove the top without properly waiting for the pressure to be reduced.   That would cause what seems to have happened and is an extreme example of user error.  What you saw is EXACTLY why the instructions say that you need to wait until the pressure has completely reduced before removing the cover.

Honored Contributor

I've been using a pressure cooker for fifty years,  mostly the stove top kind,  and MY mother a lot longer than that.   I've always followed directions and kept my pot in good condition and never had the slightest problem. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment