Honored Contributor

Re: Today's TSV Pressure Cooker

@Tigriss wrote:
I have an Elite 8qt that I love. Do any of you own the smaller 4qt/5qt and find it to have any benefits over a larger one?

As every one probably knows by now I'm the Queen of the pressure cookers in here and have got probably 6 or better. Today's deal is great, but, alas , I don't need any more. LOL I love the colors back when I was building my pressure cooker empire I had no choice in colors like they have today. I'd be all over the spice and the pink, so, pretty.

I 've got one 8 qt oval for ribs. 1 6 qt round I use weekly, 2 that sits on the stove the old time type but without the gauge, a 4 qt. oval that I use all the time for just the 2 of us. Good for small chickens, then, you make dumplings out of the broth. One at the top of the hall closet that I bought in case my 6 qt round goes dead it's the reserve one. Then , I got a 6 qt oval that talks to you.

I'm waiting for the ovals to go on sale then I'll buy one or 2 more. I don't understand how people are eating roasts and thick meats without a pressure cooker? I'm stunned when I read "I've never used one before" huh? how have you been fixing beef roasts, pork roasts, brisket, chickens, ribs, stew meat ?  Meat, is tough as shoe leather now days I would have to have the teeth of a pit bull to gnaw meat.

I'm an old dog , so, I guess nobody cooks like I do, but, I would strongly urge to get at least one and step up to a finer way of eating.

Get the pink one for me. LOL

Honored Contributor

HSN right now has on TV a 4 qt pressure cooker for 60.00

Honored Contributor

419-582  is the #

Super Contributor

Read the one star reviews. All saying it stopped working mid meal within the first year. I want one that will last longer than that! So a no go for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I have an Elite 8qt that I love. Do any of you own the smaller 4qt/5qt and find it to have any benefits over a larger one?

I originally bought a CE 4 quart PC and to tell you the truth, it was kind of small to cook much of anything really.  A lot of the meat that I went to cook had to be trimmed down to fit.

I upgraded to a 6 quart InstantPot over a year ago and never looked back.  Things fit much better in it (and I cook for one).  Had I had thought it through at the time, I would have purchased a 6 quart from the begininning.

Respected Contributor

The As Is 5qt I was looking at is sold out, but I wasn't going to buy one now anyway. I'm now looking at the ******or 4qt with the yogurt setting or the Insta-Pot 6qt with the yogurt setting and the stainless steel pot. BBB has the ******or the same price as Q but with a 20% off coupon, but the Insta Pot is stainless, but larger....Choices. I'm really excited about making yogurt in it versus my crockpot.
Honored Contributor

I am a huge InstantPot fan however I have never made yogurt in it so I can't weigh in on that.  I just love having a PC and am so glad I got started on it.

Contributor

I've had my Instant Pot DUO 5 qt (solo household, don't need a huge one) for a few weeks now and I love it.  I follow the nutritarian diet-style (Dr. Joel Fuhrman) and I make my veggie and bean soups in it, one batch can last me a week.  I make steel cut oats in it, so much easier, and one batch is four servings.  I steam veggies in it.  I like the stainless steel pot and didn't want nonstick.  It cleans up very easily and if there is a "bloom" or hard water stains on it, I just use a little white vinegar and that takes care of it.  I've never had to scrub it.  Love love love my IP.

Trusted Contributor

I also went back and forth trying to decide if I should buy it because there are so many reviews saying it stopped working, arrived damaged, or the plug was loose. I'm getting it for my dad because I love my Instant Pot so much. I'll just tell him to use it right away so that I can return it if something goes wrong. Crossing fingers that I don't get a lemon...

Btw, I'm Japanese and have made curry a couple times. Much healthier than using the cubes and soooo yummy and easy. I cube chicken, brown it, add onion, carrots, potatoes, 2 c. chicken broth, and about 4 tbsp of curry powder. Cook on high pressure for 6 min and serve over rice. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the Insta-Pot feedback. I'm leaning towards that one because of the stainless steel pot. It is good to know the 6qt is a good size for one.