Esteemed Contributor

The Great British Bake Off new season 2016

I've been seeing promos on Facebook that a new season starts tonight. it says it will be on the BBC One station. we have Directv and I have done a search and can't find the show scheduled on any station. we have BBC America, but not BBC One.

does anyone know where else the program might be shown? the season that just finished was shown on one of the regular networks (ABC,CBS, NBC) , but I don't remember which one.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Re: The Great British Bake Off new season 2016

I'm not sure but I think BBC One is only in Great Britain.  The show usually shows there before it comes over here. 

Trusted Contributor

I watch it on the PBS channel. 

Honored Contributor

I just watched the finale episode for this season on my local PBS channel.  I agree with @itsmagic that I think BBC One is only available in the UK (I did a quick Google search that I think confirms this).

As we are always a season behind on this show, maybe the next season will be launching on BBC One very soon?

It's a great show, I can't wait for next season!

Esteemed Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

PBS aired the 2016 BBC Great British Bakeoff finale about two weeks ago.  Last year I believe Mary Berry (one of the judges on the BBC show) was involved with a US  copycat program on ABC.  Perhaps this is what you are referring to.  

Trusted Contributor

After researching BBC1 it's only in the UK. Maybe they will show it here after it airs there, like Downtown Abby.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Correct, BBC1 is a British station only available in the UK. But if you know anyone who works at home via a VPN (Virtual Private Network) with a server in the UK, you might be able to connect to that server and watch it online.

I know someone who used to watch Downton Abbey that way, so he was able to watch months in advance while the rest of the US waited for it to come to PBS.

Respected Contributor

I think PBS just finished showing Season 3.  In GB they will start Season 7.  We cannot get it here; however, sometimes it is recorded by someone and shown on YouTube.  Of course, YouTube may catch it and take it off occasionally due to copyright laws.  However, sometimes the next day or so it someone else uploads it.

They are five hours ahead so it might be up a midnight on YouTube if we are lucky. 

Esteemed Contributor

the season I just watched that ended a week or two ago was the one that Nadiya won. I'm almost certain it was on one of the 3 major network channels instead of PBS where I have seen it in the past.

oh well, I guess we'll get this new season eventually. I wish they wouldn't tease me on FB Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

If you saw the season where Nadiya won that would have been GB's Season 6.  So PBS probably won't show the new one until it is over in GB.  However, if there are seasons you haven't seen, try YouTube.