Frequent Contributor

I was watching Tara last night and she mentioned again about the "naturally nonstick" characteristic of Temptations as she showed the cake coming so cleanly out of the pan. I question whether or not she actually does not use any butter or spray in the bottom, because when I make brownies, etc in my Temptations I do not get the same results. They stick quite badly and I wondered what anyone else's experience has been with this. I really enjoy my Temptations, but it's a little frustrating to have one of the selling points be it's nonstick property when it's not really so. Just wondering?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Temptations and Nonstick

I have the same problem with my 9 x 13 cake pan.  I made brownies too and they stuck to the pan.  I use Pam on my pans now; but I agree.  If one of the selling points is non-stick; then that's the way it should be.  I don't mind using the spray; but to bake a pan of something only to find out they are stuck to the bottom of the pan is frustrating.  I will always use a baking spray in ALL of my temptations cookware from now on.  I, too, love my temptations; but wish Tara would tell people that they should use a cooking spray to avoid sticking.  It has to be frustrating for first-time users to find out that the pans are NOT non-stick.  Unless there is a temperature adjustment I should be exercising.  But, then again, someone should mention this, when they are demonstrating it.  I have received recipes with some of my cookware and go by the baking instructions; but I don't know if an adjustment has been made for the baking temperatures.  I just go by the recipe.  I have never tried the temptations recipes without using cooking spray; so don't know if it would stick or not.  Just don't want to go thru the frustration of having it stick, so I spray.

Respected Contributor

I "grease and flour" every pan I bake in , regardless if it's Pyrex, Teflon,Ceramic or aluminum..that is just SOP for baking...always HAS been, to my knowledge......unless it specifically says not to, for some reason.....spraying achieves the same result, but I still prefer grease and flour for most things.

So glad I am not only one with sticking problems with my temptations. I did scalloped potatoes with cheese and had quick a stuck-on problem.From now on I will use spray too! I have a 40yr old stoneware dish thst is truly non-stick and still use it!

Honored Contributor

OLD THREAD ... 

this issue has been "beat to death" - and yes, a little PAM spray goes a long way with these products!

Also, on presentations you can definitely see the bottoms of her "popped out" foods have a glisten ... the pans have been greased with something...

Trusted Contributor

@Lindy Lou - I don't believe that the baked items they show were actually baked in the pan they display on the set.  I think they bake the items (using butter or cooking spray) in the kitchen in the same size pan and transfer it to a clean one to display on air.  If you notice, when Tara removes the baked item from the pan, it is totally clean inside (no crumbs).  I've baked in my 9X13, 7X11 and 8X8 and every item stuck.  I now either use a generous amount of cooking spray or use the non-stick foil to line my pans.  I totally distrust their claim that Temptations are naturally non-stick as it has never been my experience.

Honored Contributor

I think they make that same claim on all ceramic-style cookers on the Q.

Valued Contributor

They really are naturally nonstick as most glazed ceramics are.   If only my CorningWare stuff could be that nonstick.

Honored Contributor

@giddy up  I find clean-up on Temptations is a lot easier than my CorningWare or Pyrex.   Kept the old pieces in case my TT start cracking and I have to get rid of them.

Honored Contributor

I think when Tara pops a cake or bread out of Temptations they have already done it off camera and then when we see it in the demo  it is sure to pop out easily.  JMO