Occasional Contributor

Temptations Baking issues?

I just received my first temptations purchase. I purchased the Temp-Taions Floral Embroidery 9 pierce oven to table set (Item K33731). I had 2 parties to attend this weekend and made a cake 2 times using the the same 9x13 baker. Thefirst cake for Saturday ended up not cooking evenly - too much on the edges (dry) and not enough in the middle (semi raw). I thought this was a fluke because I have made this cake several times and even allowed the first cake to bake 5 minutes longer then I normally would have in my previous Longaberger 9 x13 dish. So the following day I made sure I was more careful when baking this again. Well sure enough it did it again - the cake was underdone in the middle and overcooked on the sides. So I have come to the conclusions that this oven/bakeware does not cook cakes evenly. So before I pack this up to send back, has anyone else had this problem?? Or did I just get a defect?? If I would have let the 2nd cake bake any longer the edges would have burned. I'm totally bummed because this set is beautiful to look at.