New Contributor

Temp-tations in the pressure cooker?

I have the Pressure Cooking cookbook by Eric Theiss and several of the desert recipes say to use a ceramic bowl.  Can I put my Temp-tations bowls in the pressure cooker?

Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-tations in the pressure cooker?

Personally, after reading all of the complaints about Temptations breaking in the oven or upon removal from the oven, I sure wouldn't put one in a pressure cooker!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I personally wouldn't use them in a pressure cooker as a few I had used of Temptations have cracked using them in the oven. There is a lot more pressure in the pressure cooker than the oven. You could just Google types of ceramic and see what you own that would be safe for you. You don't want to ruin what you are cooking if your dish broke. Others may have tried this but I don't have small enough Temptations to put in the pressure cooker. I use more Corningware. Good luck finding what you need. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

The dessert recipes in my pressure cooker cookbooks all call for an aluminum cake pan, a different size depending on the size of pressure cooker (I own a 4 qt. and a 6 qt.) I have yet to find a smaller size cake pan less than 8 inches round, so have not attempted to make dessert in my pressure cookers. I agree with previous posters, I would not use TempTations, Corning or Pyrex. JMO.

Respected Contributor

CooksEssentials 4-piece 4qt. Pressure Cooker Silicone Inserts are excellent for pressure cookers cakes etc. it has a steam insert in this set. I have this in red. It also has a silicone handle to take out your cheesecakes etc. They still have it in red and black sets.

Trusted Contributor

I have used stainless steel bowls in the PC. Just be careful, they are hot as heck when they're done!