Occasional Contributor

Was a little disappointed to hear David and his guest tonight on ITKWD say that the new TOH cookbook set was only available on QVC. After they sold out I went to the TOH website and ordered the exact set for $19.99 with free s+h.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Taste of Home Cookbook set

I have subscribed to TOH for sooo many years, and just found that they are really repeating multiple recipes, and I can go to their web site, and basically get the recipes saved in their recipe box, and with me adding all of my own/family recipes....I have more than 1000........

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Contributor

Does anybody actually buy cookbooks anymore?  I just use The Joy of Cooking for basics/techniques.  I actually bought it pre internet.  I search the web for recipies now

Honored Contributor

I always pay for 'Fall Baking' by Taste of Home each yr. Buy it at Sam's get discount. Great homey recipes nothing 'far out'.   Comes out once a yr.

Esteemed Contributor

@rezski wrote:

Does anybody actually buy cookbooks anymore?  I just use The Joy of Cooking for basics/techniques.  I actually bought it pre internet.  I search the web for recipies now

I DO! I DO!!

I love, love grabbing a fresh cup of coffee and curling up on the sofa to plan holiday baking with some of my favorite cookbooks. Yes, real books!

One of the great joys of holiday baking is the planning going into it!

Honored Contributor

@rezski wrote:

The web recipes don't do it for me.  I want to know who the author is, see some nice pictures of ALL the products or at least most of them, and have recipes from people I know can cook.  I have a lot of cookbooks, but searching the web for a recipe is too time consuming and then I have to wonder about where the recipe came from and will it turn out. . . print it. . . etc.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I buy cookbooks all the time.  He loves to sit down and read them.  We still learn tons of stuff from different ones.  We get TOH, Country Cooking, Cuisine, we have a few of the special itams TOH hardbacks.  I had a year's worth for free of living (martha Stewart) that has a lot of recipes/ideas in it.  After it ran out I ordered a sbscription - nice mag. 

We have a few just Mexican foods, just veggies, just crockpot, just grilling.  I get recips of the day from 2 or 3 places, look thru these and print off what I like to try.  I've found a lot this way too.

We really enjoy cooking, do it all the time, it's rare for us to go out and when we do typically it's Mexican.

Trusted Contributor

I still love cookbooks....to buy, to read, to use. I just love cookbooks.

I don't buy ToH cookbooks anymore because they are repeats (and in some cases repeats of repeats). Often one recipe will be in 3-4 different books! 

Honored Contributor

Love the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. Also have some of the TOH ones. Basic comfort foods are my favorites.

Actually the set on Taste of Home site is a hardcover and not the lay flat paperback that QVC had. I love the layflat formats that they have.