Occasional Contributor

Tara, How about Some Potatoes??

Years and years ago, there were some ceramic potato shells available for sale. The idea was to make mashed potatoes and then to stuff them into the potato shells, then bake or broil them as twice-baked-potatoes. The shells were quite realistic in appearance, and they were very attractive when served. There was no hassle of trying to scoop out the baked potato shells without breaking them and trying to stuff the mashed potatoes with additions back into the potato shells without breaking them, then carefully put them in the oven and rebake or broil them. The ceramic shells made things much easier, as the mashed potatoes could be loaded into them, then the toppings like parmesan could be sprinkled on, then they could be broiled or baked in a hot oven. These twice-baked-potatoes in their ceramic shells were still very attractive when they were served on the dinner plate along with the other food. Because Temptations is stoneware and can take 500 degree heat and broiling, I think this would be the perfect medium to reintroduce this old potato shell concept. I'd love to see figural potato shells that look as much like real potato shells as possible, possibly being sold in sets of 2 or 4. What do you think? Would you buy such a thing?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Tara, How about Some Potatoes??

What a great idea!  I think it would be useful and attractive.

Contributor

I think that would be an excellent idea!  I never make twice baked potatoes, although I would love to, because it always seemed like too much work.

Hope Tara considers offering we Temp-tations users this item.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I would buy these, and I don't have one piece of this line.

Respected Contributor

But...but..but....but...But the skin is the BEST part of the twice baked potato!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

No I wouldn't buy that type of item. I have seen them out of foil years ago.  Also we love the skin.

I have an oven mit that I use only for holding food (not pans).  I cut the potato in half, use a large spoon with a good point and scoop out the potato (droppung in a bowl) and leaving about one eighth to one fourth.  Mash that with butter and sour cream, salt and pepper), Hand stir the bacon bits since they clog up the hand mixer, spoon back in- done!  They also freeze well.