New Contributor

TSV Pressure Cooker - using frozen food?

[ Edited ]

Can I use frozen meats and vegetables in Today's Specail Value pressure cooker?  I would like to use this on those days I forgot to plan and/or thaw something but haven't heard anything about from frozen.  Will this change my cook times?

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Pressure Cooker - using frozen food?

[ Edited ]

The simple answer is yes you can cook with frozen meats and veggies as I've seen them do it in their presentations but I have never done it myself.

Hopefully one of the more experienced cooks on this thread can help with whether you need to adjust your cooking times.

eta:  I looked this up on Miss Vickie who is one of my go to sources for pressure cooking tips and questions:

http://www.missvickie.com/howto/meat/frozenmeats.htm

Trusted Contributor

One thing that you have to remember (that they never seem to mention during the presentations) is that the times they mention are cooking times that start ONCE THE PRESSURE COOKER HAS COME TO PRESSURE. That takes maybe another 15-20 minutes, depending on the unit. So, it is isn't just a matter of a quick10 minutes and you have dinner. It is still quick and I use mine all the time (and yes, I just cooked some frozen chicken breasts this morning), but you do have to remember to add in that initial time. People who have used PCs know that, but sometimes it comes as a surprise to people who haven't.

Valued Contributor

Great point," Lisa no in AZ".  And you are so right....that fact is never mentioned.