Honored Contributor

Suggestions on pressure cookers, please

I had a cook's essentials and it worked well but now the lid broke.  Called C.S. and the company that made that model is no longer in business.  I am looking for a new pressure cooker and would love suggestions.  I would like to find one on sale if possible.  Thank you for your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions on pressure cookers, please

Get one that is a multi-cooker: slow cooker, pressure cooker, browns in the pot, has a timer, steams, cooks rice, etc.

I think ours is a ******or that does all this and it is GREAT.  It has a ceramic coated pot that came with it  and I ordered a plain stainless pot also, which is great!

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

I had a cook's essentials and it worked well but now the lid broke.  Called C.S. and the company that made that model is no longer in business.  I am looking for a new pressure cooker and would love suggestions.  I would like to find one on sale if possible.  Thank you for your suggestions.

I bought an Instant Pot, and there are kinds of deals this weekend.  If you are on Facebook there is a very helpful group about this product.

Look on amazon

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am currently using an Emeril 6 qt, electric pressure cooker and am very happy with it. If something happens to it, I would replace it with the InstaPot.

Super Contributor

I bought a WolfGang Puck 5 qt electric pressure cooker 5 years ago from HSN. Last month my handle, lid on top became loose. I now use two pot holders to unscrew mine and open it. I like to program mine.

I paid 89 dollars....I have been very happy with it.

When my Mom died many years ago, I got her stove top pressure cooker. The replacement seals were 20 dollars..ouch !

Many go on sale

I have babied mine, only use a silicon spatula inside it !

Good luck !

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

Thurs at 6 p.m. walmart has the Power XL 6 qt on sale for 44. Regular price 100 and up..................

Regular Contributor

I use stove top pressure cooker and just bought Miss Vickie's pressure cooker and recipe  book.Read this today and learned so much  that I didn't know about PC.My first one was too small a 4 quart so went to 6 quart and may even go higher......Stick to a well known brand and you will be happy.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

I bought an Instant Pot, and there are kinds of deals this weekend.  If you are on Facebook there is a very helpful group about this product.

Look on amazon

Another big vote for the Instant Pot . . . had a CE and bought the Instant Pot on a Lightning Deal on Amazon.  Best kitchen appliance ever.

Watch Amazon starting even tonight as I would bet they will be marking these down considerably.

Good luck with whatever you purchase as I love pressure cooking!

Honored Contributor

@pattiewaddle wrote:

I use stove top pressure cooker and just bought Miss Vickie's pressure cooker and recipe  book.Read this today and learned so much  that I didn't know about PC.My first one was too small a 4 quart so went to 6 quart and may even go higher......Stick to a well known brand and you will be happy.

I love Miss Vickie too, her website was so helpful to me when I first started out!