Respected Contributor

Re: (tRe: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@Apple CrispThat looks like the plate that HL showed at the housewares show.  I am in agreement with you. I prefer the Ivory.  The only decaled plate that I have in White is Belk's school of fish.  Since there are so many tropical colors of fish on the plate, white seems a good fit.  Ivory wouldn't look as good.  The may also be the case for this new Rose plate and the BonTon butterfly plate (I don't remember if that plate is Ivory or White).  I guess it depends on what colors they use in the flowers and butterflies. 

Super Contributor

Re: (tRe: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@Meezerpleezer  The butterfly plate is white, also. I can't wait to see what daffodil looks like in person!😀👍😊

Trusted Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Hi, Everyone:  I know I said I wouldn't be posting, but need to share news with you.  My brother was in the hospital and they did three MRIs.  They found he has brain cancer, also.   He will have radiation 5 days a week for two weeks and then reassessment (this is for the brain cancer). 

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Super Contributor

@wismiss So sorry to hear this. Prayers going up for him and you and your whole family.Heart

Super Contributor

@Meezerpleezer   HL posted on Facebook now that the new floral plate is on sale now.

IMG_0421.JPG

Respected Contributor

@wismiss  So sorry to hear this.  I hope that the radiation will heip your brother.  Not trying to give you false hope but my friend's DIL had brain cancer and the docs used a gamma knife on her to remove the cancer/tumor.  If you have the opportunity, ask about it.  In the meantime, both of you are in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

@Apple Crisp  The Lapis really sets off the other colors in the plate.  However, I know that neither of us is going to wash an extra dish that isn't going to get used!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well Ladies, is Shamrock the next color to be retired?  It was the lowest selling color (ignoring white and ivory) left in the Fiesta palette after Paprika's retirement.  Look what is being discontinued in Shamrock (list from Prydes):

Shamrock :
Small pie baker
Hostess bowl
Utensil crock
Large pie baker
Medium vase
Teapot
15" baking tray
Canisters -all 3 sizes
Egg tray
Rangetop s&p
Pedestal bowl
Loaf pan
Cake plate/server
Prep bowl set
9x9 baker
9x13 baker
Baking bowl set
19" platter
Jam jar-no
Tumbler
Square handled tray

Super Contributor

@Meezerpleezer   You are right, I am not going to wash an extra dish!Smiley LOL  

I have a funny feeling that shamrock may be the next one to go. It's not one of my colors, but I know many people like it, especially at holiday time. 

Respected Contributor

@Apple Crisp wrote:

@Meezerpleezer   You are right, I am not going to wash an extra dish!Smiley LOL  

I have a funny feeling that shamrock may be the next one to go. It's not one of my colors, but I know many people like it, especially at holiday time. 

@Apple Crisp  on the other hand, HL did show that new tree shaped plate in Shamrock at the show in Atlanta...  I guess we wait until next Fall to find out.