Respected Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@shoekitty  Glad to hear that your veggies are doing well.  At least to me, it is very rewarding to prepare and eat vegetables that I have grown and cared for.  I think that you will become addicted to growing your own. 

They are calling for snow this weekend and it is way to cold to even think about planting seeds.  I need to buy some heirloom seeds this spring.  My local source for 2 varieties of tomatoes has dried up.  One was a very large heirloom which was a nice slicer and good for diced tomatoes.  The other was a large tomato paste variety which has a lot of meat and not too many seeds.  I am sure that I can find the seeds online.  I will also plant Romas and probably either Tom Thumb or Jelly Bean grape tomatoes.  I love them for salads.  That is of course, in addition to the various squash, beans and cukes that we will plant as well.  Come on Spring!

Honored Contributor

I had pretty good luck with the Rebel Garden organic seed.  Everything of theirs I planted sprouted, every seed!  The were pretty cheap on amazon,came in a pack with about 12 different organic seed.  I bought some sparkle strawberry seed and they didnt come up.  Might have been too early...so today I planted some more and have a heat pad for seedlings under them.  Today it heated up so the arugula is going crazy.  That stuff sprouts in 48 hours.  Davids seeds on amazon is a good source.  He has a website and most of his seeds are heirloom.  I have roma, heirloom beefstake and cherry toms.  I havent had a good tomato is 3 years so hopefully they produce well.  I think because of the drought tomatoes just werent doing good .  Hopefully with frost, and heavy rains things will turn around.  Today I planted green onion in a grow sack. It is fun to grow them.  My goal is to have healthy, good tasting veggies.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't say that I would ever tile my kitchen again--been there, done that.  However, Fiesta must think it is a good idea:

For some reason, I can't make this picture square but the Poppy and Lapis are round.  In any case, you can see the colors.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meezerpleezer love those wall tiles!!  Are they real or jsut an idea from Fiesta?  Hope you're doing well....

229441-Happy-Weekend.jpg

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@kutira  Those tiles are real and available through Limelight Tile and Ceramics.  Go to the website:  Always Festive dot com.  The first story is about this new product and it gives a link to their partner, Limelight Tile.  Good to see you, Kutira.  I hope you are doing well and not a prisoner in your place due to weather.  So far, it has been very mild here but we could get hammered later on in the week.

Love Tweety bird!  Thanks for posting him.

Super Contributor

Very quiet on this board lately. I, personally, am anxiously awaiting daffodil. I have several sunflower pieces, and I have noticed that my plates and bowls are a much darker yellow than my canisters. So I am wondering where daffodil will fit into the yellow color range. I am saving any future purchasing until I can get my eyes on daffodil! 🌼🌻🌼

Trusted Contributor

@Meezerpleezer Our weather has been really nice; off and on too hot for me; last weekend it was 82.  Thanks for the link to the tiles.

@Apple Crisp I know what you mean, it's quiet.

I decided to run in and post since I just got back from a disappointing visit to Dillard's.  I bought a Fiesta towel.  They didn't have Daffodil yet.  I looked at the knife set and it was only in red; remembered it was half price in blue at Tues Morning so I just ran over there and bought it.  It's almost my birthday month and I got my new driver's license yesterday.  Decided it's time to spend--I like to spend all of April.....

Good to see all of you; miss coming here much!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

@kutira From what I have read, pre-orders for daffodil won't start until May.

Have a great week-end!

👍😃🤗😊😊

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone--I haven't been here on this thread--things are hopping because many places are opening after being closed for the winter. Not much Fiesta I want at the moment. I will be interested in seeing Daffodil when it is out but I don't know what I might want.  They really haven't put out much in the way of new pieces and Dillards putting many standard pieces on clearance like the fruit bowl.  I just don't understand it.

Trusted Contributor

Just-a-short-note-to-let-you-know-that-my-brother-passed-away.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta