Respected Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@Apple Crisp @kutira @shoekitty @oceantown @wismiss

3dlovely just posted this on another site and you may be interested sincw HL is bringing back a few retired pieces for a limited time in current colors.  Here is 3d's post:

"Has everyone seen the announcement about the special sale tomorrow (10/21) at 8AM EST?

http://alwaysfestive.com/

This nifty little piece (relish tray) will be available in Scarlet, Turquoise, Sunflower, Poppy, Lapis, Slate, Sage, and Claret. At 9.5 inches, the Relish Tray is great for small side dishes, like corn on the cob. This item was dropped in 2012, so make sure to get your hands on it in one of the new colors!  (my added comment:  great to hold a sleeve of crackers, celery and other small items, too.)

Did you know that we used to have a Disk Pitcher in a size between our Large and Mini? Our Small Disk Pitcher is available in Turquoise, Sunflower, Poppy, Lapis, Slate, Sage, and Claret, with Scarlet coming soon. The Small Disk Pitcher has been discontinued since 2012, is 5.5 inches and holds 28 oz.

We know many of you have been most eager for our discontinued Bud Vases, and we’re happy to say that you will be able to find them in Scarlet, Turquoise, Sunflower, Poppy, Lapis, Slate, Sage, and Claret. The Bud Vase is 6 inches tall, making it ideal for smaller blooms. We’ve been without this piece since 2012 and we’re glad to have it back, if only for a little while!"

Respected Contributor

@Apple Crisp wrote:

I had myself on a telephone list with Pryde's for the claret canisters. Got a call from Sandy today telling me that all their orders had been cancelled and claret canisters will not be made because the claret glaze would not stick to the canisters. Interesting, isn't it!!!

@Apple Crisp  You do exactly what I would do--try and get answers to the same question from different sources and see how they compare.  Sometimes, like with Fiesta, Prydes tells more than HL ever would.  You can get the inside story like we did concerning the Claret 80th anniversary plate.  It was Prydes who told us first that HL was having problems manufacturing the plate and so it wouldn't be made.  It took HL a longer time to come clean.  I think that Claret glaze must be pretty hard to make (the color changes with not only light but the way you hold it, I think).  I am going to guess that the color won't be around for a very long time--maybe a 2 or 3 year run.  They can't afford all of the production problems and will move on.

Super Contributor

@Meezerpleezer You may very well be right about claret. I am kind of sad about that, though. I have several pieces in that color and it really is a beautiful, elegant color. It goes so well with sunflower, the Belk fall plates, and the Christmas plates. I am hoping that the new color for 2017 will be a good one, also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

@Apple Crisp @kutira @shoekitty @oceantown @wismiss

3dlovely just posted this on another site and you may be interested sincw HL is bringing back a few retired pieces for a limited time in current colors.  Here is 3d's post:

"Has everyone seen the announcement about the special sale tomorrow (10/21) at 8AM EST?

http://alwaysfestive.com/

Hi!

I'm really interested in the bud vases - I've always wanted one of those (or several!).

Where will we be able to buy them? On the HL main website?

Respected Contributor

@peachesncream  Hi--welcome back!  The bud vase is nice.  I have one in Marigold.  I went to FB and it is only HL who will be selling them starting at 8 AM Friday.  You would have to go to:

https://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/

I bet their site crashes from the flurry of activity. 

Respected Contributor

@Apple Crisp  I understand how you feel, I really do.  If you can, buy now what you like or think you will like to own in Claret.  We know that it will be available all through next year.  I loved Marigold and that was only available for 75 weeks and then retired.  I bought what I thought that I might want even if I couldn't quite figure it out.  If you think that you might like any of the retired pieces that they just brought back for a limited time, consider buying them now.  The small pitcher is 28 oz.  In the past, I think that people mentioned using it to hold syrup or juice for a brunch.  I may consider getting one.  The relish trays are not very big but you could use one for a spoon holder at the stove, for corn on the cob, to hold a sleeve of crackers or little stuffed celeries or other buffet  stuff.  The bud vase is just so cute.

Super Contributor

@Meezerpleezer I just placed an order for the bud vase, the salt and pepper shakers, the utensil crock, and two more medium bowls in claret. You are right, I need to get what I like while it is still available. By buying these things all at once today, I was able to get free shipping. 

Respected Contributor

@Apple Crisp wrote:

@Meezerpleezer I just placed an order for the bud vase, the salt and pepper shakers, the utensil crock, and two more medium bowls in claret. You are right, I need to get what I like while it is still available. By buying these things all at once today, I was able to get free shipping. 

@Apple Crisp  You were wise to do that.  I have aMarigold and a Peacock relish tray so I bought DH one in Sage.  I also bought a Turquoise small pitcher.  Not sure yet what I will do iwth it but if I don't use it for liquids, I may use it for a vase in my kitchen.  I also bought a soap dish in Lemongrass which I may try and use as a spoon holder.  If that doesn't work, I will use it as it was intended.  I also bought a ramekin in Paprika since the color is retiring and a dip and spreader set in Lemongrass.  I really wanted the Holiday dip and spreader but better luck another time.  Like you, I got those Lemongrass things not only because I wanted them but because it put me over and into the free shipping category.

Between Dillards, Macys and HL, my CC needs to take a rest and cool off--LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

@peachesncream  Hi--welcome back!  The bud vase is nice.  I have one in Marigold.  I went to FB and it is only HL who will be selling them starting at 8 AM Friday.  You would have to go to:

https://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/

I bet their site crashes from the flurry of activity. 

Thanks!!

I was able to order a bud vase in yellow. It's really tempting to get more, but I had better quit while I'm ahead (relatively).

Respected Contributor

Fiesta Ladies--Ocean just posted that the Macy's snowflake mug and dinner plate (as well as the luncheon and dessert plates) are available.  The dinner plate is pretty pricey on sale for $35.99 so I will wait and see if they offer a better price later in the season.  If not, at least I have the pieces I really wanted to get.ordered.  Here is the link that Ocean posted:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/fiesta-snowflake-collection-only-at-macys?ID=1491578&CategoryID=2...

THANK YOU, OCEAN!!!