Frequent Contributor

Re: So, You do not like turkey......What do you cook?????????

When I grew up, we had chicken on Thanksgiving. Why, I don't know, but one year we had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. You don't have to fix what the traditional dish is. I say fix exactly what you want. We only go round once in life. lol

Honored Contributor

We're having turkey, but also salmon.
Respected Contributor

I think you should make what you and your Dad would like to eat. It's about being together, and enjoying the food you're eating together. I'm not a big turkey fan but my DH and the rest of my family love the traditional Thanksgiving meal, so that's what I make when I'm cooking. I'm more of a stuffed chicken fan. I make them a lot in the winter.

Frequent Contributor

Forrest,

How about..Fried Oysters?! Served with cole slaw, creamy cheese grits and a big ol pot of collard greens? It is an "R" month after all{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Trusted Contributor

On 11/24/2014 raleighroo said:

Forrest,

How about..Fried Oysters?! Served with cole slaw, creamy cheese grits and a big ol pot of collard greens? It is an "R" month after all{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I was just curious as to what others eat........that don't like turkey...........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Lots of good ideas here........The oysters sound great, but I still can not get used to eating grits with seafood, and I was raised in middle GA, and you would NEVER find grits on the menu there....WinkI have my menu all planned out, and not a lot of fuss at all.........Cool As for oysters, there is always an "R" in the month for me, especially after spending so much time in Jax Beach, FL so much in the last 6 months......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Regular Contributor

I despise turkey. I always make about a 10lb ham with the trimmings pretty much the same though. It's also just another day for me and I don't do anything special.

Super Contributor

Whatever you normally eat on normal days through the year that you enjoy I would think. Smiley Happy.

We only have Turkey (and ham) at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. So turkey is kind of special for us. All that other stuff you can have all year long lol

Honored Contributor

If I didn't do turkey, I'd have homemade spagetti with a very fancy green salad and a fantastic crusty bread covered with garlic and different melted cheeses!

Regular Contributor

Prime rib, baked potatos, parm mushrooms, salad and pecan pie.