Frequent Contributor

Slow Cooker that browns meats

Looking for a slow cooker that sears meats.  I did find one at Williams Sonona , "all-clad" slow cooker for $300.00 (sale price)...

Does anyone know where I can locate one for a much more reasonable price.

Let me know....

Honored Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker that browns meats

K41333

Ninja 4 in 1 cooker

$139.92 +S/H

It has been a TSV a couple of times prior.

Frequent Contributor

Love your nickname!  Thank you for replying so quickly.  I will definitely look into the Ninja!

Esteemed Contributor

WOW  $300 gold clad?     I have a large metal one cost $50 and I'm giving it to charity - used once.  Too big.   Caution:   metal inserts can stick when browning if too hot.  I love my $35 ceramic (insert) - have had it for years and I sear meat in a frying pan and then transfer.  So you have a frying pan to wash but you won't know 'washing' until you have to scrub that metal bottom.  That's real work!

Super Contributor

I have the Ninja and I put it on the stove top setting first to brown then switch over to slow cook.  Also, the Instant Pot 6 in 1 is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, etc.   You can also brown in that.  The interior on the Instant Pot is stainless steel instead of a non-stick surface if that makes a difference to you.

Honored Contributor

******OR multi pot thing.  You can also get an extra pot for it--all stainless steel.  It is a browner, slow cooker and pressure cooker! 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

K41333

Ninja 4 in 1 cooker

$139.92 +S/H

It has been a TSV a couple of times prior.

Yes, and this is exactly why I bought the Ninja. It does a great job of searing meat on the stove top setting and then I switch it to the slow cooker setting and it takes care of it. I use my Ninja cooker a lot for a variety of things and it was a really good purchase for me. I looked at a variety of other slow cookers that also browned, but they were all in the same price range and some did less. One actually had a removable pot that you were supposed to put on the stove to sear or brown meat and the put in the cooker to slow cook. It was more expensive than the Ninja and did less. No thanks.

Respected Contributor

Love my Ninja. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the Cook's Essentials 6qt pressure cooker last fall when it was a TSV.   I also have the Ninja 4 in 1, but I prefer using the slow cooker and sear functions of the PC.   For one thing the dial is easier to read.   I like having the PC to use for fast cooking.   If I could just have one,  I'd take the PC. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have the Ninja 4-in-1 that I got here, and I like it well enough BUT....I swear mine is defective. It seems to have one temperature, no matter what it is put on, and that temperature is boil. It was far too late to send it back once I discovered this though. Anyone else have or notice this problem?

I just got the Cook's Companion Multi-Cooker off eVine the other day. It seems to have more controls and it has a porcelain coated interior pot. It only came with a few recipes, so I am going to use the Ninja cookbook and adapt those recipes to the CC. I will keep the Ninja, because the spouse likes to make chili, and we can actually use both at the same time. Cornbread in one while making chili in the other, etc. I really avoid using our big oven as much as possible.