Esteemed Contributor

K-44733

This looks like those coffee makers from the '40s, except back then, they were aluminum.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

K-44733

This looks like those coffee makers from the '40s, except back then, they were aluminum.

Yes. IMHO greatly overpriced.  This that KA girl is getting an award! My prob, but just c/n stand her - usually mute but was curious to see coffeemaker today.

Trusted Contributor

Sunbeam made an electric vacuum pot like this--steel, I think that one was--in the 40s, 50s, maybe 60s--not sure when it fell out of favor. This KA pot looks like a great update. The digital control system should make sure the temp and time are quite precise. I have a great coffee pot, well, actually two, maybe three (blush), but I'm putting this one on my list. Only drawback is mess, because you have to rinse the grounds out of the top chamber, you may not want to put them down your disposer or drain. 

Respected Contributor
There are still several versions of this kind of coffee maker on Amazon. What is so bad about coffee grounds in a septic system? I have a septic tank, but only wash a few grounds down at any time, the ones that stick to things, not the whole thing. Coffee grounds are good for compost though.
Honored Contributor

I'm very interested in getting this KA Siphon brewer.  My big Keurig died 3 months ago after about six years of use.  I brought the personal Keurig home from my office to use, but it sometimes it only uses half of the water added.  No more K-cups for me! 

This siphon definitely peaks my interest.  I'll do more research.

Honored Contributor

That thing looks like it came from a nuclear bomb lab.  You'd have to be very careful with all the glass. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am sure it makes great coffee. But i have no space and in the time it would take to make it i can be at Starbucks drinking a cup without cleanup.  It woukd make a great party activity if you entertain.  😀☕️

Respected Contributor
@CaaarefulShopper Check out the reviews on Amazon.
Super Contributor

I suggest buying a regular ole stovetop peroculator............I have three - all from QVC.....

2 are Temptations & the other one is all stainless.....the stainless one has a see-thru topper which I love..........

Super Contributor

Hello everyone, just thought I'd throw this into the discussion.. I saw the siphon brewer and was intrigued as well and read the online manuals.

Just be aware, it does not keep the coffee warm. You'll need a thermal carafe to move it to if you're not going to have it all poured within 30 minutes. (Recommendation from  manual was to drink within thirty minutes)

I wondered if it could be used as an efficient electric kettle as well without the coffee tower, but didn't see anything on that.

Hope that helps some.