Honored Contributor

I like to switch tablescapes around for changing seasons.  I bought the Lenox Butterfly Garden TSV and matching tablecloth and used that for the summer, time to change, even though fall hasn't really hit this area yet.

Switching to a soft brown plaid tablecloth with some white and some soft autumn gold, and light pumpkin color dishes that look like Fiestaware, but I found them years ago at Cost Plus.  I use flatware with polished wood handles with it.

Anyone else starting to come up with a fall look?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I'm embarassed to say my decorating is limited to switching out the wreaths on the front door . . . oh, and I do have a Halloween candy bowl for this month's festivities . . . Smiley Wink

I do love reading and seeing pictures of how clever everyone is so I hope everyone joins in and shares their thoughts and ideas.

Thanks for posting this Noel, great idea!

Esteemed Contributor

I like to change out my table also. I have a fall tablecloth, red for Christmas, lavender for Easter and blue/white for summer. I will change out the centerpiece and candle colors to match the season.

The only dinnerware I still have is my Pfaltzgraff......"Hollyberry" for Christmas and just plain white "Filigree" for the rest of the year. Daughter has the china.

Honored Contributor

mtc, My mother and I both inherited the decorating gene, and now my daughter, also.  The downside is we end up with a lot of "stuff" LOL.   But it's fun, we really enjoy it, especially coming up with scenes for the fireplace mantel and top of the entertainment center.

I don't do those wonderful centerpieces you see from some here, Homegirl and JustJazzMom are really good at that.  I wish I could do flowers Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I like to change out my table also. I have a fall tablecloth, red for Christmas, lavender for Easter and blue/white for summer. I will change out the centerpiece and candle colors to match the season.

The only dinnerware I still have is my Pfaltzgraff......"Hollyberry" for Christmas and just plain white "Filigree" for the rest of the year. Daughter has the china.

You're all set, NG!  I really like the idea of lavender as a base color for Easter.  I usually use a pink linen tablecloth for Easter and Mother's Day, I like your idea better Smiley Happy

I saw lavender Fiestaware plates a long time ago in a Sunset magazine spread for Easter, but they'd been phased out by the time it came to press.  I wish they'd would bring those back.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

mtc, My mother and I both inherited the decorating gene, and now my daughter, also.  The downside is we end up with a lot of "stuff" LOL.   But it's fun, we really enjoy it, especially coming up with scenes for the fireplace mantel and top of the entertainment center.

I don't do those wonderful centerpieces you see from some here, Homegirl and JustJazzMom are really good at that.  I wish I could do flowers Smiley Happy

***sigh*** . . . I too have plenty of "stuff" I just don't have the talent to do something gorgeous like you folks have posted . . . I get it home all excited and within 15 minutes I am a sweaty ball of frustration so I have decided to live vicariously through you more talented folks . . . works out better all the way around . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

***sigh*** . . . I too have plenty of "stuff" I just don't have the talent to do something gorgeous like you folks have posted . . . I get it home all excited and within 15 minutes I am a sweaty ball of frustration so I have decided to live vicariously through you more talented folks . . . works out better all the way around . . . Smiley Happy

LOL!

Magazine photos and social media are good for inspiration.  I started out trying to copy some of those that I saw and liked.  

mtc, how's your Minion "fart blaster" working for you?  We did a crazy scientist party and decorated the mantel, including the blaster.  It looked good and anyone passing by could give it a try.

Image result for minion fart  blaster gun

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

mtc, how's your Minion "fart blaster" working for you?  We did a crazy scientist party and decorated the mantel, including the blaster.  It looked good and anyone passing by could give it a try.

OMG can you hear me laughing all the way by you???? . . . oh my precious Minion, the hours he has kept my entertained "blasting" various news and tv shows . . . we enjoy each other's company immensely and seem to agree on everything! . . . thank you so much for this Noel, I so much appreciate the chuckle!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

OMG can you hear me laughing all the way by you???? . . . oh my precious Minion, the hours he has kept my entertained "blasting" various news and tv shows . . . we enjoy each other's company immensely and seem to agree on everything! . . . thank you so much for this Noel, I so much appreciate the chuckle!

One of our kitties is totally fascinated with it.  We get it out every once in awhile, give it a blast and she comes running.  Cracks me up every time!  The look on her face is always, "Who did that?!" Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I switch out my dishes, as well as my ceramic bakeware several time a year. In the spring and summer months, I'm using navy blue (Temp-tations OW blue, Floral Lace blue, and Corelle Old Town Blue).

In the fall, I have a brown based Pfaltzgraff set that belonged to my mother, with every piece imaginable, Harvest OW Temptations, and brown Floral Lace, with some Corelle Woodland brown for everyday.

In the winter, I have a set of snowman dishes that I found several years ago at Kohls, that mixes well with cranberry and green stoneware. 

I also have some Temp-tations poinsettia pieces for around Christmas, and the Better Homes and Gardens line that Walmart carries. 

It takes a couple of hours in the spring and the fall to to the big switch over, and I store the unused things on shelving in the basement.

I get as much joy out of seasonal kitchen ware as some women get out of their jewelry or wardrobes, or handbag selections. None of that fashion stuff has ever appealed to me, but a pretty kitchen and dining room table certainly do. 

I need to downsize. Because I have, in addition to the above listed, Temptations bakeware and serving pieces in OW yellow, OW green, OW spice, Vintage Grace brown and cream, as well as some others. Much of what I use each season mixes well with each other, so it isn't like I use only one brand/style/color at a time, and I have actual table settings that are solid colors and plain, to take away the 'busy' nature that can occur with too much print. I figure when my son gets set up with his own place someday, I can move maybe half of it to him.