Respected Contributor

About a month ago I bought just one at Miejer's . It was my first. I have always thought they were a great idea --just didn't want to pay sh&h to try one. I loved it for the first couple of weeks but my goodness it wore out fast and is about to crumble now.

What has been your experience with them? Do you think the ones from  the Q are better quality perhaps? I think the smiley face is cute but it would wear a lot better without it. The eye holes are a good idea ergonomically.

Respected Contributor

The ones from QVC are the same.  When I first started using Sponge Daddy I really liked them (and I still do), but lately they don't seem to last as long.  I even sent QVC an email regarding how fast they wear out.

I'm still using them.  But unless it's my imagination, they don't seem to last as long as they originally did.  I guess if they last too long there wouldn't be any repeat orders so they now make them where you have to buy more often.

FYI:  I don't buy mine from QVC because several stores in my area sell them.

Respected Contributor

Bought the package after Shark Tank aired.  My husband would tease me constantly.  I think they are a piece of junk. I've seen them at BB&B at the cashier and was told it was the top money maker from Shark Tank and Lorie.

Honored Contributor

How long any of my scrubbers last has more to do with what I use them to clean -which also involves how frequently I clean what I'm cleaning -  than it does what I clean with.  Not sure that makes much sense, but I know that in my kitchen I won't use the same scrubber for months and months unless It seems really clean to me. 

That means the yellow/green sponge plus scrubby doesn't hang around my kitchen any longer than a Scrub Daddy because it doesn't take long for me to feel as if the sponge is dirty and I start to use it in the bathrooms where it wears out really quickly. I used to buy them in the huge stack Costco sells.

I throw my kitchen SD into the dishwasher and re-use it and it lasts me a long time.  Overall, I doubt I'd save more than $1 a year if I used anything else, so what I scrub with just isn't very high on my savings radar.

If you really want to save -   my mother used to buy stiff nylon netting and make her own scrubbies.  Cheap and lasted almost forever as I remember them and they were also easy to clean.

Honored Contributor

it really depends on how or what you are using them on. the ones i have uner the bathroom sinks tend to last longer than the one i have at the kitchen sink or for my electric grill. the harder the jobs the faster they will wear out. i LOVE the scrub daddies......they are the only thing i am on auto delivery for on qvc.

i would say i change out the one i have in the kitchen the most.....maybe every 4-5 weeks. i dont consider that an unreasonable amount of time for a sponge. they last A  LOT longer than the white magic erasers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

They are junk....I have some the Q.. and from the local store...no last ability...I rarely have anything that needs real scrubbing...but when I do...these do not do the job....

I used mine for the dishes...that never have anything that needs real scrubbing....and they fall apart in less then a month...after that the scrub daddy is  a mess....leaving pieces all over the place...

I get much better wear from other scrubbers from the store....they last and last...I won't waste my money on scrub daddy ever again...

Respected Contributor

I have never worn one out.. Maybe I am not scrubbing hard enough.. I love them...

Contributor

My neighbor ordered the "pack" when it was a TSV and gave me a couple to try out (one of the smiling yellow guys and one of the big blocks). 
I use mine only in the kitchen for washing dishes and because I'm weird the dishes are done *immediately* after the meal is done so there's no real "scrubbing". 

Yes, to my dismay, it seemed to disintegrate within just a few weeks.  It became... crumbly...  sort of.  
I wasn't thrilled. 

At the moment I'm using a square that I cut of the block and that seems to be lasting longer.  
Personally, I don't think it's something I would buy again.  I'll probably stick with the 10-pack of cheapy sponges from the dollar store.  

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops, Yes!  My mom still makes "tub scrubbers" out of nylon net.  I used to help her fold the lengths of netting (while she held pins between her lips), which were then cut and fashioned onto a circular net base (just something round placed on the material, circled with a pencil).  She just sent me a couple in the mail and they are as great as ever.  No scratching, dry well, go in the dishwasher - and the colors are nice.  She used to sew seasonal plastic flowers in the center, and make a flat tree out of holiday foil to hang on the wall, and when folks would stop by for a bit of grog during the holidays, she would take one down to give, as they were pinned to the tree on the wall.  She is known for them.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I bought one at home depot.  I thought it would be great to use on my glass top stove, but magic erasers work much better.  I use the scrub daddy for stuck on stuff.  It works okay.  It's still like new.