Contributor

Scrub Daddies 3 + years old got great reviews, newer ones not so good

I was considering Today's Special--the Scrub Daddy and the Mommy together, when I began reading reviews of the older Daddies.  The ones from mid-2012 had terrific reviews.

As the years went by, I began to read reviews about the scrubbers disintegrating into tiny pieces quite quickly--- and reviewers fearing the pieces they did not catch might clog their pipes, But most of all, they just did not clean any better than store bought scrubbers.  Huge amounts of 5 star reviews turned into 1's and 2's.

Thanks, QVC, for letting us know the good and the bad about the products you sell.

But once again, so sad that a great product evolved into what many reviewers called junk. I know everything costs more to produce as time passes, but if things keep going like this, the T shirts sold in stores will become so much thinner they will rip into pieces as we look through the supply hanging on display racks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Scrub Daddies 3 + years old got great reviews, newer ones not so good

I purchased the originals way back on their first appearance..and to this day I HATE them.  I want them to be ''hard'' in hot water and ''soft'' in cold water - but they are just the opposite.  When I am cleaning something really dirty I am not using cold water.  I gave away every one of the package of 6 or 8 ? that were in my original purchase.  I will never buy them again and I cannot understand how people can love them....

Esteemed Contributor

Heard a caller this morning complain to the vendor that these sponges "crumble".....which is why I don't like them......vendor didn't quite know what to say....there was awkward silence.....

Honored Contributor

There are a number of people that think negative reviews are not posted, but they sure are.  I bought one scrub daddy at home depot.  Probably had it for a year, maybe more.  It hasn't fallen apart.  It looks like new.  I guess it depends on how one uses it.

Honored Contributor

If you've never tried them,  rather than blow $25, for sponges,  buy one at a store (Walmart  has them)  and try them first.   I did and I'm not rushing to get the TSV.   Just another gimmick. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I posted earlier today that indeed, the original ones were fantastic, but the newer one's I've received have broken down much sooner.

I still like them for a number of things, but am disappointed that they can't just leave a good thing alone. 

If they need to raise the price to keep the quality, then so be it. Go on air, and tell people, that the manufacturing/components/marketing etc. necessitate a price increase, but the quality will be maintained. 

I'd be ok with that. Just want a good product.

Valued Contributor

I"m guessing it's just like any other small company that gets big.  Creates something great.  Then when it is mass produced to maximize profits, quality goes down hill big time.  Another example of this is the smaller botique make-up or hair product lines that get bought out by estee lauder or whoever it is that owns everything now.  The products get reformulated, and it's no longer the same. 

shame, really. 

Honored Contributor

Ever since I saw this product on Shark Tank I wanted to try it. For me it does everything it is stated it will do. I had the original yellow ones; that was all that was available. Kept one in the shower, one on the kitchen sink, and others in the garage for when the car is washed and there are challenging areas to clean. Works for me! Preordered these new ones, the Scrub Mommy, and love it even more. No problems with the use for cold or hot; and the soft side truly does help give me more/longer lasting suds when hand cleaning items. I put it on auto delivery. They are so handy for getting into small areas.

The only thing I heard the creator of the product say about crumbling is that over time that will happen. I've never heard him or anyone else say it will last forever, so like my pre-Scrub Daddy sponges, these too will break down and disintegrate. He suggested using the ones that are breaking down outside, like cleaning lawn chairs, grills, etc.

Valued Contributor

I like scrub daddy, but without doubt, the early ones lasted longer . The one currently at my sink has done no hard duty, hardest being cleaning the stainless steel sink twice. Its life is finished after 3 weeks, not even daily use.

The vendor guy responded to my query about the change that they had not changed anything about the manufacture. Well, that obviously is not true. I was disappointed that he wasn't concerned the factory changed something, maybe the chemicals that make the sponge, anyway, something.