Super Contributor

SO disappointed in my Keurig TSV

Ive been thinking about getting a keurig for a couple months now and decided to to go for it when the TSV was offered. I set it up yesterday, it was great. The coffee was good, hot, and so easy to make. Then this morning I made a cup and it splattered everywhere. Then I tried this afternoon, chose the medium setting and it only filled a quater of the mug.
Are these normal problems? If its already doing this day two I'm thinking I either got a dud or Keurig is not for me. I don't know if I should just return it or call Keurig for help first. Anyone else have these problems?
Trusted Contributor

Re: SO disappointed in my Keurig TSV

Did is you call their CS ? I think that is where I would start.

Respected Contributor

so sorry for your problems that should not be happening.  Our daughter sent us one for Christmas gift last year and from day 1  no problems.  Parcel it up and send it back.  Sorry about the underlining just appeared and Incannot get it off!  We love our Keurig.

Honored Contributor

I didn't have your problems, but I did need help with mine and was most impressed with Keurig's CS.  Sounds to me as if you should try them before your give up

Trusted Contributor

Even though it's frustrating give Keurig a call. They will help you & even send a new machine if need be. Be sure to register your brewer online. I believe there's a one year warranty. 

Honored Contributor

I have had a basic Keurig that I bought at Costco about 8 years ago.  It is still going strong if a little noisier then it used to be.  After reading these forums I am hesitant to replace it with another Keurig.  The more bells and whistles they put on these things the more there is to go wrong. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

When is the last time you descaled the machine, and/or cleaned the exit needle?

Also, check to be sure that the water reservoir is seated properly.

I would reread the manual, and perform any maintenance/cleaning suggestions noted in the manual before contacting the manufacturer--to protect your warranty.

Best of Luck to you.

PS:  I was told that I should have descaled my Keurig, prior to 1st use.

Honored Contributor

This definitely shouldn't be happening right after you set it up.  I would not call Keurig's CS as they'll just walk you through a temporary fix.  I would return it as defective to QVC.  I had problems with my Keurig about three months after I got it.  I called Keurig's CS and they walked me through a fix. It would work for a few weeks and then start all over again.  I finally gave up on it and bought an iCoffee from Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon.  It's great.  It uses k-cups and is so much better than the Keurig.  It also comes with their version of a my k-cup so you can use your own coffee if you want to.  I'll never trust anything made by Keurig again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

I have absolutely no problems with my good old fashioned Pyrex stove top perculator.

Esteemed Contributor

Ellab, those aren't normal problems, but they do happen.  It sounds like one of your k-cups was in the holder crooked and grounds clogged up a line somewhere.

The fix is simple: just clean the lines out with a paperclip.  The Keurig website will have specific directions for your model.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.