Respected Contributor

They have a special purchase of "Chocolate Mousse Cups" that are absolutely to die for!  They're imported from Germany, and the box describes them as:

"Two individual cups filled with layers of white, milk, and plain chocolate mousse with crunchy chocolate pieces and chocolate sponge cake, decorated with white chocolate hearts."

OMGosh...they're unbelievably good - best mousse I can remember ever having, including from some very pricey restaurants in NYC. 

There's also a version called "Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cups":

"Two individual cups filled with layers of vanilla cream, crunchy chocolate chips, fruity strawberry sauce, and golden sponge cake, decorated with white chocolate hearts." 

Those are good too (sort of like a strawberry shortcake), but the chocolate is totally irresistable - I just ate both cups in a package...  Cat Embarassed  (210 calories each)

Because of the heart decorations I suspect they're only going to be around this month until they sell out; I might have to get a couple more of the chocolate while I can.  $2.49 each in the freezer section, and well worth it! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Run, don't walk, to Aldi...

@FunkyHulaGirl

Thank you! They sound soo good! I think I will run out tomorrow and get some and I don't even like mousse that much but the chocolate does sound good!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Thanks @FunkyHulaGirl.  I love Chocolate Mousse and I love the Aldi products that are imported from Germany.  Thanks for posting!  I'm going there tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

TX for the headsup - these sound good!  But I won't run to Aldi's today.  My closest one is about 20 m away, it's snowing, and the roads are reported to be slippery.  Hopefully, they will still be there tomorrow when I make my weekly shopping trip.!

Respected Contributor

I had to pick up a couple of things at Aldi today, and looked to see if they had any left.  There were a couple dozen strawberry, but I had to really dig to find two more chocolate.   Cat LOL

Super Contributor

Thanks for the  heads up on these treats. My DH is addicted to them. I went shopping at Aldis the other day and there wasn't a one in the freezer case. Thanks to you, I made a special trip today and was able to purchase 3 chocolate ones. The ones he really really likes are the round choc mouse from France that Aldi's had before X-mas. The cashier told me: "when they're gone, they're gone". But, I'll keep checking and please, if you see them, let us know.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wish they would carry those type desserts all the time. I think they are pretty good. I bought some for Valentine's Day but we still have Chocolate Eclair I made for DH's b-day so we ate some of it. I also bought some of their Filet Mignon & made yesteday on the grill. They were really good. Picked up the 2 different boxes of Valentine's Candy they have. They are pretty good too.