Esteemed Contributor

Re: Resolve to buy a USA made kitchen item in January!

My kitchen is mostly USA made. I don't buy a lot of kitsch.

Fiestaware, Liberty tabletop flatware, Nordicware. My KA appliances I purchased here when they were still USA made 2006-2007. They're still going strong.

Pots and pans are 90's era Farberware but they're still going strong, too. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

I replaced all of my Pyrex measuring cups with Pyrex.

I've only purchased one USA pan. Like the Nordicware better.

Regular Contributor

If you don't mind spending $500 or so Vita-Mix is made in the USA.

Super Contributor

Like others, I buy American whenever I can. When we moved I rediscovered by Corning Ware (with the blue flower) circa 1972. I also have Revere ware sauce pans, lids, and skillets from the same time period. My stainless is Oneida from the 70s. I have Nordic Ware pieces, a Lodge skillet, and my Fiestaware bake ware and dishware.

When we moved this Spring, I gave away many items and vowed to not purchase anything unless it replaces something that is broke or beyond repair - the exception is retired and/or vintage Fiestaware.

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 aprilskies said: The only thing I will need is a frying pan. If anyone has any great idea, I would appreciate it. I would but American over all else but it is difficult at times.

How about a USA made All-Clad? I can attest they are wonderful pans, heat up quickly, hold up great, don't warp, and will last a long long time!

You can get them at TJ Maxx and Homegoods sometimes, and also check Williams-Sonoma for sometimes GREAT buys! I love the sauté pans and others with lids. They have non-stick and stainless ones--so take your pick.

Respected Contributor

I'm off the buying train for a while - hopefully a long while. But you have a good idea - if you're going to buy, buy American!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I believe in buying the best quality . Sometimes, the products are made in the US, sometimes, they are made elsewhere. While I love All-Clad and like USA Pans (and own both), I also have French cookware and bakeware that I use -- neither of which has a I=IS-made equivalent.

Regular Contributor

On 1/3/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I honestly can't think of one more thing I need for my kitchen this year except for maybe a Lodge enamel-cast iron Dutch Oven.

Those are made in China.

Contributor

Bennington Potters pottery made here in Vermont..They have a website. The pottery is lead free.
Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 MScotty said:
On 1/3/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I honestly can't think of one more thing I need for my kitchen this year except for maybe a Lodge enamel-cast iron Dutch Oven.

Those are made in China.

Well darn! My sister just got one in October and I could have sworn that she said she did the research and it was MIA. Thanks for letting me know.

Honored Contributor

I have been discarding some beat-up old bakeware and buying new, and I have made a point to buy USA. I'm glad to see others are noting things made in USA--it helps remind us of great giftware and items we might use! THANKS! Boos products are wonderful!