Esteemed Contributor

Red Lobster increasing size of shrimp

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/12/01/red-lobster-shrimp-is-getting-bigger/?intcmp=hpffo&intcmp=...

Must admit that I thought the last few shrimp dinners I ate at Red Lobster were not very memorable.  We stopped eating there because I felt portions were skimpy for the price and the taste wasn't that great either.  So many other good restaurants in the area in that price range.   However, I may return to check out the shrimp since it's one of my favorite seafoods.  Any Red Lobster fans here?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Red Lobster increasing size of shrimp

It's difficult to get my husband to go out to eat, He prefers to eat at home, but he will go out to eat seafood occasionally.

We have two Red Lobsters Restaurants close to where we live.  One has great food all of the time and the other one is a hit or miss place. Sometimes the food is good and other times it it awful.

We eat there maybe 3 times a year, usually when lobster is on special. We have also eaten at RL in other cities and it always seems to be a hot or miss kinda place no matter what city it is located in.

I really don't complain, when I get a night off from cooking, it is always good thing.

Honored Contributor

My friend and I were just talking about the shrimp at Red Lobster. During the month of November several times we ate there.  One of my favorite things to eat for dinner is cold spice shrimp (peeled), shrimp cocktail.

I never have been able to order it there but there was something about 'shrimp month' that I could order it.  In order to get the large shrimp like I wanted (a meal out of it).  The waitress each time ordered me 2 orders of shrimp cocktail.  Then I ordered a baked potato and salad.  I paid more for this, but it's what I like.  We eat out together at least 4 or more times a week.

I was just telling her while we were eating at Logan's Steak House that I was craving the shrimp again.  She laughed and said, "Guess what today is?  Dec 1, no more shrimp cocktail".  I never heard of a fish restaurant not serving shrimp cocktail.

Now I wonder if I can get it again.  I guess I'll call to find out.  Thanks for posting.

Trusted Contributor

I actually went to Red Lobster on Black Friday. It used to be my favorite restaurant until the shrimp started shrinking. My favorite dish is the shrimp pasta, which used to have good sized shrimp. Over the years they've gotten so small you need a magnifying glass to see them. So, on Black Friday I told my son that the shrimp were going to be larger- like the old days. Well, guess what? Tiny shrimp- I was so disappointed! Maybe next time? Or maybe I'll just stick with my new favorite restaurant Texas Roadhouse.

Honored Contributor

I stopped ordering shrimp when they went small.

Honored Contributor

Do you get fewer large ones?   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

People still eat at Red Lobster????

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2  I was just thinking the same thing.  That is the worst place I ever had a meal at.  Their food is horrible.  Big waste of money.

Valued Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

THAT's EXACTLY what I was thinking. The food advertised on TV doesn't look good AT ALL!

Honored Contributor

Loved the place for decades but stopped going due to the price for the amount of food you get. 

Try the below 13 recipes on copycat and stay home and count your change!!  Of course you can buy the RED L.  cheddar bisquit mix at Walmart.

I have not tried any of these but have been happy with the Raising Cane Dipping Sauce she had for that restaurant.

http://www.copykat.com/2014/01/02/13-red-lobster-recipes/

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."