Respected Contributor

Raving about my air fryer again!

I picked up my air fryer from WalMart on Black Friday Online sale.  It was $39.  I've got my money back already and then some.  I just made frozen egg rolls in it.  The pre-made egg rolls.  I got some veggie one and some Great Value Southwest Rolls.  They were AWESOME!  I love this little baby!  I spritzed them, turned them and spritzed them again.  I fried at 400 for 8 minutes.  They were perfect, and I didn't even turn them.  I did corn nuggets and pot stickers for 400 at 4 minutes, turn and another 4 minutes.  YUM!  I've got some beer battered fish to do, but tomorrow I want to do salmon patties in them with the below recipe.  I will top my salad with them and some salsa for the dressing.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/240130/scrumptious-salmon-cakes/?src=VD_Summary  

Valued Contributor

Re: Raving about my air fryer again!

[ Edited ]

@Tigriss I am so in love with my AF also, I know my friends and family are sick of hearing about my AF.  I should get a commission from QVC for how many I have sold for them! lol  I make fried chicken, garlic bread, french fries and potato wedges are delicious.  I buy egg roll wrappers and fill them with taco meat and roll into egg rolls, I also make breakfast egg rolls, I fill them with scrambled eggs, cheese bacon, ham or sausage and I freeze them uncooked and cook when I want one.  Possibilities are endless.  I use it everyday to make something or just to warm something up.  Ribeye steaks are also delicious in it.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

I have an air fryer but haven't used it yet.   As a pro,  how do you think this recipe would work in one? 

PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN

SERVES: 4PREP TIME: 10 minCOOK TIME: 20 minINGREDIENTS

1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

DIRECTIONSPreheat oven to 425°.Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with Mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, I think that chicken cutlets would be more tender and jucier

if baked in the oven, since chicken breasts aren't as tender as thighs would be.

Respected Contributor

I don't use my airfryer as much as I thought I would (I'm more of a crock pot or pressure cooker kind of gal)...but I do love knowing that I can enjoy fried foods without all the grease.   

Valued Contributor

I don't use my air fryer as much as I expected either but love it for chicken, reheating leftovers and frozen foods. The pressure cooker can't be beat for most other meats while there are other things I will only cook in the slow cooker. 

Super Contributor

I love mine too and now my son has discovered using it too. He likes to make frozen Taquitos and Burritos at home and was heating them in the microwave. They'd turn out floppy. Now he puts them in the air fryer and the shell comes out nice and crispy. He loves it too!!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have an air fryer but haven't used it yet.   As a pro,  how do you think this recipe would work in one? 

PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN

SERVES: 4PREP TIME: 10 minCOOK TIME: 20 minINGREDIENTS

1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

DIRECTIONSPreheat oven to 425°.Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with Mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes

@Kachina624 I see no reason why these wouldn't be delicious out of the air fryer.

Because this is a chicken breast I would dial down the temperature a bit so the coating doesn't overcook before the chicken breast itself is finished.  If you are so inclined, you could also cut the chicken breast into strips and make chicken fries which would offset the temperature/time.

To be honest, I haven't made a boneless chicken breast in my air fryer as I prefer bone in meat so I think this is more than doable but it may take a bit of minding and tweaking if that makes sense.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 I also think you are better off to make the chicken with mayo in the oven.  Since the AF fan is so powerful, I think the mayo might get sucked up into the heating element.  When I bread chicken, I mist the breading with olive oil and put it in the fridge to set the breading and then the breading doesn't blow off in the AF.

Valued Contributor

It is recommended when cooking in a AF to cook about 25 degrees lower then a recipe calls for and for less time.