Honored Contributor

Rachael Ray -A comment and a question

First, I wanted to give a plug for her 4 pack of seasonings that you can buy on QVC.  I gave them as a gift at Christmas and my neighbor said she uses them all the time.

Now for my question.  Could those of you that have her Bubble and Brown baking sets tell me what they are great for, and what is not so great about them.  I don't need any more bakeware, but I'm inclined to buy a set.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray -A comment and a question

I don't own the Bubble and Brown, so take my comment with a grain of salt, but I have heard others complain about how shallow they are, and there isn't much depth before you reach those handles.

I like her Cucina Rustica line. More traditional sizes and shapes, and I prefer the color palate. 

In my observation, the Bubble and Brown is for those who like a more modern, geometric look with bright colors, and the Cucina line is more subdued in color (I think Rachael describes them as more organic in color and shape) and rustic in shape for those who prefer more traditional bakeware.

Honored Contributor

I have a Bubble/Brown large size rectangle shaped lasagna pan, came with no lid.

I almost never use it because the design shape makes it very difficult to cover with foil.

I find it definitely deep enough but when I try to cover it, those handle holes and the high sides are in the way.  The foil will not get a good seal around the pan.  It doesn't stay put.

Sometimes, you just need to cover the dish!

Cooking wise, excellent.  Clean up wise, very good.

But I wouldn't order anything else from that line due to the shape of the pan with the high sides and handles.

Respected Contributor

Bubble/brown is heavy without food.

Respected Contributor

Love mine.love the dark blue, love the handles..you might need to put recipes in a larger one than normal, if a normal recipe fills it to the brim!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'm still undecided.
Trusted Contributor

They are sold at Targ..t.  Why not try one there where it is easier & cheaper to return, to see how you like them.

Respected Contributor

I bought a set of B&B on Lunchtime Specials awhile back.  Haven't used it yet, but will do so very soon.  It was a great price.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James