Honored Contributor

Questions about Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker?

I prefer the oval shaped pressure cookers but not happy with current manufactures and lack of available replacement parts.

Reading reviews for the Cuisinart brand. One was listed as Conair Cuisinart CPC- 600 -6 Quart. The other listed Cuisinart EPC-1200 PC club model. 

Please share  your experience with the above mentioned products. Wondering if Cuisinart  merged with Conair. I have a Cuisinart Food Processor  and very happy with performance and great customer service. TIA for your help , Southern Bee

Respected Contributor

Re: Questions about Cuisinart Electric Pressure Cooker?

[ Edited ]

Awesome Cuisinart Pressure Cooker Model CPC-600. My sister bought three, I bought one, and my daughter has one. We have had ours over two years and no problems. It is easy to use and cleans like a dream. Kohl's has it in their ad today for $99.00 and if you have a 20% coupon it would be almost $20.00 cheaper. Everyone that owns this has had no complaints. I bought two other ones and returned them. My daughter bought hers first and I loved the ease of use and cleaning. Parts available on online if ever needed.i have never replaced anything. My sister uses hers all the time as when her husband is traveling on his job and calls to say he will be home in a few hours she has supper ready quickly.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Cuisinart CPC600. The 1st one I received stopped working around my 30 day return so I could not return it to HSN. I called Cuisinart & was told I had to ship it back to them at no cost to me. They said they would repair it or send out a new one. Well I received a new PC. It has worked well since I received it. I really like it. Just made chicken noodle soup in it yesterday. I like that it has a 3 yr warranty & parts are available on their site. I also like the oval pressure cookers better. I still have my old Cook's Essential 8 qt oval PC from Q. They don't make them like that anymore.

Respected Contributor

Thanks nightowlz as I forgot it does have a 3 year warranty. Most only have 1 year.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

I prefer the oval shaped pressure cookers but not happy with current manufactures and lack of available replacement parts.

Reading reviews for the Cuisinart brand. One was listed as Conair Cuisinart CPC- 600 -6 Quart. The other listed Cuisinart EPC-1200 PC club model. 

Please share  your experience with the above mentioned products. Wondering if Cuisinart  merged with Conair. I have a Cuisinart Food Processor  and very happy with performance and great customer service. TIA for your help , Southern Bee

I just searched online & it shows Conair purchased Cuisinart in 1989 when Cuisinart filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Who knew?

Honored Contributor

that's not an oval one in the Kohl's ad

Honored Contributor

To my knowledge only place that has ovals is Cook's Essentials. I sent email to Q they acted like they wasn't going to make any more, so, I got on the ball and started buying 'refurbished' ones from a online vendor. Bought 1 couple months ago to try it out hoping it would do till Q came out with the brand new ones, but, don't look like that's happening so I went back and bought a 2nd one.

Honored Contributor

Thank you: MKR NY. I considered ordering on line. I checked with  Kohl's and for today had coupon for $15 but received free shipping and paid only $6.80 tax for a total of $91.90 but will take 10 days to ship.  This model was 1000 watt 6 quart. I appreciate your time and help. 

Honored Contributor

Nightowlz: Thank you for your help and information. Great to know you had great customer service and enjoying the pressure cooker.

Honored Contributor

Thank you: NightOwlz- I just research and found the same information.