Valued Contributor

Question for Those Who Make Homemade Pasta and Ravioli

I've made my own pasta before but never ravioli.  I'm still looking for a great recipe for pasta dough and also would like to know if you use the same pasta dough for your ravioli or do you have another?  I'd appreciate recipes, if possible.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for Those Who Make Homemade Pasta and Ravioli

I just received my pasta attachment set for Christmas and am thrilled with it!  I use the Kitchenaid recipe for my pasta dough that wa sin the book. I think Laura Weathers may have it on her websit or the Blue Jean Chef.  I use the same dough for ravioli. If you can't find it there, let me know and I'll send the one I have. (not enough time today..)

If you need it today then check the Food Network website. I'm remembering that it's just flour, egg, a little salt and I think cold water or oil.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for Those Who Make Homemade Pasta and Ravioli

This is the recipe that I use for my ravioli.....

HOMEMADE RAVIOLI

Dough:
2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup water
2 eggs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
6 quarts water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon salad oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cheese Filling
Meat Filling
Spinach Filling
Favorite spaghetti sauce

In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour with the remaining Dough ingredients. Beat 2 minutes or low speed, scraping bowl occasionally. With wooden spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.

Cover dough and let rest about 30 minutes.

Cut dough into six pieces. On floured surface and with floured rolling pin, roll one piece of dough into an 18-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into nine 4 x 2-inch pieces.

Drop a teaspoonful of desired filling on the narrow side of dough to within ½-inch of the edge. Brush edges of dough with water. Fold dough over filling and seal well by crimping with a fork dipped in flour. Place ravioli on a floured clean cloth or paper towels. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.

In large saucepot, heat water, salt, and oil to boiling. Carefully add ravioli. Reheat to boiling. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes to until tender. Drain thoroughly. Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce and lots of Parmesan cheese.

Cheese Filling: Combine 8 ounces ricotta cheese, 3 tablespoons minced parsley, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, one egg white, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir until well-blended.

Meat Filling: Cook 1/2 pound ground beef, 1/3 cup minced onion, and 1 minced garlic clove until meat is browned. Drain thoroughly. Stir in 1 egg, 1/4 cup minced parsley, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir until well-blended.

Spinach Filling: Combine a 10-ounce package frozen spinach (thawed and very well-drained), with 1/3 cup Parmesan, 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon softened margarine, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Stir until well-blended.