Trusted Contributor

Question for Amazon/Walmart online shoppers

Spoiler

I have shopped Amazon on several occasions....and understand, their customer service has been great...both now, and in the past....Walmart has been the same........

I have had some remodeling going on in my house since my surgery recoop, and I have had to rely on mail order on numerous things....Thank goodness that my UPS man is the same as at the prison, so he would bring the boxes in my house for me........Some of my items have been UPS, and some FedEx....

From Amazon, I had numerous product damage, with some items even leaking, and with Walmart, on box that was left was covered in ants....which I am allergic to....that had damaged food products in it, in addition to multiple other products; including deodorant, toothpaste, and several items, even to include face cream......

My question is......for those that mail order......Have you had more problems with shipping/damage from these 2 companies........Robot surprised

As stated, customer service has been great, but it is still frustating when this happens, and the nearest WALMART is basically 50 miles for me, and there was a period after my surgery that I could not drive for 2 weeks......It is easier for me to mail order, and I am trying to leave my shopping to refrigerated items....and besides....my Walmart does not carry a lot of things that I need............Smiley Frustrated

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for Amazon/Walmart online shoppers

Sorry to hear you've had problems!  I haven't ordered from Walmart, but I frequently order from Amazon.  I haven't had any of those issues.  I've always figured I have good delivery experiences with Amazon because I live relatively close to one of their Kentucky distribution centers.  I can order the free shipping option, and it will arrive in less than three days even though on the order it says it could take 7 to 10 days.

Respected Contributor

Sorry you've had problems!  I shop online a lot because I hate dealing with traffic, parking, crowds, & children allowed to run amok in public places.  Gee, I sound like an old crank, don't I?  HA!  Maybe I am, a bit.

Anyway, I order from Amazon all the time & have never had problems with damage.  Not even when the items were shipped by the vendor.  I have also ordered online from Wal-Mart, but usually use the "ship to store" option so I don't have to pay shipping, then I pick it up at the store.  No problems with packaging.

I do hope that you'll have better luck with them in the future.  Take care!

Respected Contributor

I've never had any issues with Amazon but recently I have been getting emails asking for me to rate the packaging and delivery of some items. Most of what I buy is fulfilled by Amazon. I don't know if that means they have been having some issues or if they are just doing it for quality control.  I don't recall ever getting these emails before. 

I don't buy from Walmart. You could try drugstore.com for toiletries or maybe Target. For non perishable food items, there's still not much out there. I ran into that trying to send some things to a friend recovering from surgery. Amazon was about the best I could find that had enough of the items I needed. I've also been disappointed with Target online lately. Way too many things are out of stock. There are places like Alice.com but for me compared to the prices in my area the price was much higher. 

Also if you have Amex, shoprunner is free and offers free two day shipping. It's not food items (maybe specialty foods)  but there are a surprising number of companies that participate. 

Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I do not shop Walmart

but I do alot of Amazon shopping.

I can say I rarely have a damaged items.  In that last 200 orders I can say maybe 1 item was a problem and 1 item was missed (never delivered)  both issues were resolved immediatly by Amazon.

I too notice I am getting surveys regarding packing and shipping.

Honored Contributor

I have a Walmart a scant 1 mile up the street so I don't often order things from them.  I belong to Amason Prime and order tons from them, get at least 3 deliveries a week, including big bags of dog food.  I haven't had any problems with packaging , although getting rid of all those boxes becomes a chore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a Walmart a scant 1 mile up the street so I don't often order things from them.  I belong to Amason Prime and order tons from them, get at least 3 deliveries a week, including big bags of dog food.  I haven't had any problems with packaging , although getting rid of all those boxes becomes a chore.

I had to laugh about getting rid of the boxes. It's getting downright embarrassing at all the boxes I have these days. I find myself running to the garage to tear them down so fast so no one sees them. I know it seems like I have a shopping problem but I don't think people realize how much easier it is for me to shop online. 

Honored Contributor

I've never ordered from Walmart. I've ordered a ton of stuff from Amazon though and only occaasionally had an issue with their packing. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I am glad that you guys have not had the problems that I have had lately....I ordered a 12 pack of coconut juice, and all but a couple were totally dented in, and I had bought some Hot and Sour stock from Swanson, that I really like, but is not available in stores here, and I had to throw them away because they were leaking out the bottom.....Everything was just thrown in the box, and in the past everything has at least had some type of packing material, so things do not tumble around so much....

SOOOOO agree with the boxes, and when you look in my garage right now, all you see is boxes, and not the Jeeps....Woman LOL I burn all of my burnable trash, as my county does not have a dump...except for contractors, and even broken down, they would totally block my out in the middle of no place sandy South GA road........Woman Frustrated

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

First off, I too work at a prison, close security in Ware County Georgia.....

I have ordered from both Amazon and WalMart.  The UPS guy comes several times a week along with FedEx and the mail man.  I am in rural Georgia, so I feel your pain.  I have only had one package recently that has arrived with the product, shower gel, leaking from Beautybrands dot com. All of my Amazona and WM orders have arrived fine.  I may just be Murphy's Law.  I'm sorry  you are having this additional difficulty and pray that it soon resolves itself.

I recycle my boxes for my garden areas as a no till method of preping the soil for spring planting or starting a new bed.