Frequent Contributor

Pretend online kitchen garage sale...what would you give up?

Let's pretend we are having a virtual garage sale...what QVC kitchen gadget or appliance would you give up? I still cook a lot but have bought crazy "must haves" over the years. I would definitely let go that pull string food chopper, never used it. Also, one pressure cooker is enough. Those Cook's Essential trays to cook food on grill...there are foil ones you just toss in trash and don't have to soak and scrub. Bought too much Temp-tations...how many bowls can you use or store? 

Valued Contributor

Re: Pretend online kitchen garage sale...what would you give up?

The Ron Popeil pasta maker.  My husband never liked the fresh pasta.

Honored Contributor

I bought a large deep fryer, that we used once, but I gave it to a friend. Now fitness equipment, oh my, my garage is full of it ( she says to her shame ) LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

The little Perfect cooker thing. I am cooking for one, but this item does not get used often enough to justify its existence in my small, well edited kitchen. Wish I had that $ back! To make matters worse, I paid full price- unusual for me.

I do not use my full size Kitchenaid food processor often either.

Valued Contributor

Just with not alot of thought   Any Ninja that you push the top  Knives that were pretty but useless  measuring cups galore  pretty pans that stuck the first day  Reed and Barton dinnerware  Most of Lore Grenier  Most grill things  baking pans  mopines? 

Honored Contributor

I've been pretty restrained in my QVC specific cookware purchases. I've bought lots of cookware elswhere though. So I can't think of a single QVC cooking related purchase that I would get rid of. The last thing I bought was the Kitchenaid spiralizer attachment and I love that thing. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

The only regret was the KA 12 cup FP.

I hated the fact you had to pre-chop everything to fit the feeder tube. I could finish chopping in faster time by hand. Put it on the bay, got nearly what I paid for it.

I'm not a gadget/pans/TT kinda girl.

Esteemed Contributor

I really use and enjoy my kitchen purchases from the Q, but I guess if I had to, I could cough up one of my many Kuhn-Rikon shears, or a Temp-tations piece or two.  However, it would be reluctantly!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie: RR moppines! Terrible!

Respected Contributor

@Mollie if you were having pretend garage sale I would be the first to bargain for your pull string food chopper , I have one and use it several times a day. Depends on what one likes and needs, but I love it.

So far I have never had too much lock n lock as they nest which makes storing easy if needed. I do see how with TT bowls one could have too many as they could be harder to store or use. 

@QVCkitty1 I purchsed a huge deep fryer by Emerile I believe that filtered the oil for reuse which I thought would be very useful but it turned out to be tedious and I really do not care for fried foods--my bad. Smiley Embarassed

I try to spend my $$ s wisely but fail sometimes. For the most part I have loved the kitchen gadgets purchased.