Esteemed Contributor

Presale and need advice on electric slicer and dicer

Before I make a 50+ dollar mistake, QVC will be offering a Cooks Essentials Electric Mandoline Slicer and Dicer with 7 blades.  I would love to make the purchase. I just  don't know much about Cooks Essential nor do I have a clue whether the electric slicer would be a good purchase.   Anyone have one?  Or does anyone have any advice.  Sorry QVC if I gave the TSV surprise away but I don't want to make a mistake.  It was in the Insider and it was an email to me.  I am sure many of you got both,  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Presale and need advice on electric slicer and dicer

I have a food processor with all the slicing blades and a Kitchenaid Mixer with the slicing attanchment. That said, before I got those as gifts I had the slicer dicer (Chef Tony) and that worked well for some things. I have Cook Essentials cookware and am very pleased with it. I think it depends on your slicing needs. What all are you going to use it for?How often do you cook and what do you prep?  It seems that I spend quite a bit of time with prepping food than cooking it. How many people are your average meal? I'm a big believer in making it a bit easier on yourself in the kitchen with meal prep. Our "to do" lists are always never ending and the sooner I can get the meal on the table the better I like it.

You have a 30day return policy so keep all the cartons and give it a try. I saw the Insider and if I didn't have the big equipment then I would have pre-ordered this one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am waiting for the presentation, but I definitely want one.  I tried a manual one and ended up with 15 stitches in my hand, so I need a safe electric one.  I like my CE cookware and the price is very good.  Hope it works well.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I like making salads.  I am tired of cutting salad parts up and having them look LIKE I DID IT.    I would love for once to have a nifty professional looking salad in slices or cubes or whatever that is uniform.  I am afraid of the hand slicers.  I get cut all the time on simple knives (clumsy me) so I wanted something faster, safer with a really pretty result.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I am waiting for the presentation, but I definitely want one.  I tried a manual one and ended up with 15 stitches in my hand, so I need a safe electric one.  I like my CE cookware and the price is very good.  Hope it works well.

My younger sister ended up in the ER with hers and about 20 stitches and people worry about WEN - go figureWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

My word, People ! Be careful out there !

Honored Contributor

I was just coming to the forum to ask a similar question.

I'd love someone to convince me that I DON'T NEED THIS.

I can't tell from the description if it accommodates potatoes - for making fries. It looks to me as if the veggie would have to fit in that tube.

Does anyone know?

Item # is K44652 to air 8/24

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I love it ! I'd buy if I didn't already have the KA food processor.

I guess people wasn't using the prong attachment when they were slicing potatoes, but, tried to do like the professionals and that's how they got cut.

ALWAYS USE THE PRONG THING THAT YOU STICK YOUR POTATO, ONION, ETC. ON.

Chef Tony doesn't have to he's a pro and knows what he's doing most cooks don't. Use the attachment and read information that comes with it.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Before I make a 50+ dollar mistake, QVC will be offering a Cooks Essentials Electric Mandoline Slicer and Dicer with 7 blades.  I would love to make the purchase. I just  don't know much about Cooks Essential nor do I have a clue whether the electric slicer would be a good purchase.   Anyone have one?  Or does anyone have any advice.  Sorry QVC if I gave the TSV surprise away but I don't want to make a mistake.  It was in the Insider and it was an email to me.  I am sure many of you got both,  

Is this in Sunday's show? I'll have to tape it, if is

Esteemed Contributor

A manual one is fast enough for me.  If I am doing a lot, I use my Nija Pulse.