Contributor

Power Pressure Cookbook by Eric Theiss

I wonder if anyone else has ordered the Power Pressure Cookbook by Eric Theiss?   I ordered the XL pressure cooker and thought the cookbook would be most helpful.   I received the book and went through it and I'm so disappointed.   Most of the recipes are not my cup of tea.  Unfortunately,  it's going back.  I'm the one who made the wrong assumption that there would be more common recipes, not ones of quinoa, hummus, miso, etc.  My DH even said the photographs of the food weren't even appealing.  I realize you can't please everyone,  but I thought there would be more classic recipes.  Fortunately,  Eric did mention he has youtube videos of other recipes which I see are more to our taste.  

Have you ever looked at a cookbook that didn't interest you at all?

Honored Contributor

Re: Power Pressure Cookbook by Eric Theiss

I love cookbooks and actually ordered this one (have Meredith's pressure cooker and cookbook) and then cancelled the order.  It's unfortunate but I'm finding the same results as you in most cookbooks I buy.... maybe one or two recipes that we love and nothing else that's common and appealling .....   I'm not a great cook nor do I want to be, I just want easy to follow recipes with easy to find ingredients..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

Eric is a wonderful cook and has some great meals on the show.  I just didn't see any in the book.  Maybe I should just contact him with a suggestion of some American classics. There might be enough of us to warrant a new cookbook! 

Respected Contributor

My book hasn't arrived yet, but the pressure cooker did.  Wow, I love this thing!  I was hoping for lots more recipes.  Would other brands of pressure cooker cookbooks work with this model?  I'm wanting to get one for my daughter and wanted to be able to give a cookbook along with it since she doesn't know anything about pressure cooking.

Valued Contributor

I agree.  We are not fancy people and most of the recipes in these books don't appeal to us.   We did buy both of Bob Wardens pressure cooker cook books and his recipes aren't too bad.

Honored Contributor

There are thousands of recipes online to be had for free.   That's probably where Eric gets his.   I just "google"  it when I want to prepare something. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I grew up knowing. LOL   Whole other time, though.

Honored Contributor

I bought a pressure cooker earlier this year, well last year.

My library had a many pressure cooker books, I took some out and looked at them, but between the IP group on Facebook and just looking on the web, I am finding plenty of ideas

Contributor

@santorini wrote:

My book hasn't arrived yet, but the pressure cooker did.  Wow, I love this thing!  I was hoping for lots more recipes.  Would other brands of pressure cooker cookbooks work with this model?  I'm wanting to get one for my daughter and wanted to be able to give a cookbook along with it since she doesn't know anything about pressure cooking.

My pressure cooker just arrived!  Wow, it's a whopper and it does come with some booklets of recipes.  Actually they seem better than what was in the book.  I'll take other's suggestions and look on the internet for more.  What recipes have you had success with if I may ask?

Honored Contributor

@TNRatPack wrote:

@santorini wrote:

My pressure cooker just arrived!  Wow, it's a whopper and it does come with some booklets of recipes.  Actually they seem better than what was in the book.  I'll take other's suggestions and look on the internet for more.  What recipes have you had success with if I may ask?

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=pressure+cooker+recipes&0=pressure|autocomplete...

here is a bunch I pulled up from pinterest,

if you like hard boiled eggs, you need to try them in the pressure cooker