Honored Contributor

Portable grill with changeable plates for waffles, sandwich press......more?

[ Edited ]

Can anyone recommend a good one?

I hate the ones that you can't immerse to clean!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Portable grill with changeable plates for waffles, sandwich press......more?

I did a little research on this a couple of years ago, and was warned that the trade-off for removable plates is that they don't heat uniformly across the surface like the fixed plates do. It's a great idea not to have an extra appliance! But I decided to get the best non-stick finish I could in the waffle maker (for easy cleaning), and an inexpensive George Foreman for grilling. Takes a little more room, but I can rely on the results, so I'm satisfied with that. I know this doesn't answer your question directly, though. Maybe someone else has better info!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Portable grill with changeable plates for waffles, sandwich press......more?

I ordered a George Foreman grill with changeable plates from QVC a few years ago, and it makes great waffles. I had never made waffles before in my life. They are tender and don't stick. Burgers, steaks, etc. cook well using the other grill plates. Gotta say, I love my Foreman grill. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

i have a much older goerge forman grill and we love it. but grates dont come out. when this dies i want the new gm grill with removable grates and because it does waffles and other things and grates will go ino dishwasher. good luck.