Honored Contributor

Is in trouble now accused of making a racist remark.

On the internet.

Respected Contributor

Good grief, from 2012 and now??????????? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer woman

[ Edited ]

I don't really understand what the big deal is. Something about Asian chicken wings. Bet she got a call from Paula LOL

Looks like that segment got drudged up again. I thought it was a recent thing.

Honored Contributor

Another case of people going to look for something to be offended and outraged over. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Another case of people going to look for something to be offended and outraged over. 

Offended and outraged should be outlawed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pioneer woman

[ Edited ]

Apparently, on one of her televised shows, she made Asian Chicken Wings, (which are delicious)! The cowboys however were suspicious and didn't want to try them. She said something like that was OK - she had the "regular" Buffalo ones too. Some "groups" have taken offense, which I think is ridiculous.

If I make a different kind of chili than I usually make, my family is suspicious too!

This is really getting out of hand. 

Honored Contributor

Did it say who exactly was offended? An actual person?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Did it say who exactly was offended? An actual person?

@proudlyfromNJ - Lynn Chen and Lisa Lee, founders of the Thick Dumpling Skin website. 

Respected Contributor

"Asian wings!" "I DON'T TRUST THEM" "J/K I wouldn't do that to you guys"??? Being Anti-Asian is not a joke. @FoodNetwork@thepioneerwoman https://twitter.com/dumplingskin/status/838885274968981505 

•  

. @thepioneerwoman we watched your segment on "Asian wings" and found it disrespectful. Will you come on our podcast to explain your words?

•  
Esteemed Contributor

We are becoming a society where too many are offended by just about everything. When I was growing up in an Italian neighborhood, people of other ethnicities (we did not even know that word) would tease us, but we would laugh and tell them that they were just jealous.  It is such a shame that the millenials and the snowflake generation have been raised to find offense when none is intended.  Just my opinion.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!