Trusted Contributor

Re: Parchment Paper Muffins - my latest obsession.

Oooo I like this!  I think the parchment paper makes the muffins look gourmet.  Now if you really wanted to get fancy, you could tie a little "themed" ribbon around the muffin for a party or special occassion.  I definitely will try this, on muffins and cupcakes.  Thanks for sharing! 

Trusted Contributor

I love that idea, @house_cat! It makes a beautiful presentation.
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

That's true that the muffin doesn't stick as much to parchment. 

I think it would also be easier to peel off than the cupcake papers with the ridges.

Honored Contributor

I saw this used on a TV show but I forgot where lol. I thought it was cute then and I think it was great that you bake for others. It gives it artisan vibe. Ultra cool. I think it would work great with large breakfast muffins. Blueberry! Yum.
Super Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@GCR18

I don't know if they sell the precut papers.

I cut them myself.

You can get 1000  4x4 inch  squares on Amazon for $12.99 https://www.amazon.com/Worthy-Liners-Parchment-Squares-Pieces/dp/B00WTJ33UY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

Honored Contributor

I've seen that done in muffin/cupcake pans, but never freestyle.  I would imagine that after you take it out of the glass and pour in the batter, it would get more in all the creases (?).

I so seldom make this sort of thing that I just use my silicone ones either in a sheet pan or in the cupcake tins.   No need for presentation.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love the look! I'm definitely going to try this. (I'm going to go on Amazon first--I'll see what the savings is in cutting the paper myself.)

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've seen that done in muffin/cupcake pans, but never freestyle.  I would imagine that after you take it out of the glass and pour in the batter, it would get more in all the creases (?).

I so seldom make this sort of thing that I just use my silicone ones either in a sheet pan or in the cupcake tins.   No need for presentation.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt I hope you don't mind me piggy-backing off your post but I have been patiently waiting all day for someone to ask my dumb question but it looks like this task will fall to me (sorry, duh).

@house_cat I am confused as to how exactly this works.  Do you line the glasses with the parchment, fill them and then transfer them to something else to bake them in or do you need to use oven proof glasses (which I am not familiar with).  After filling them, could you use those mini cupcake tins to hold them in place while baking?

Please know I am a fan as (for me) it does look extra fancy but I am completely confused on the technique . . . Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt I hope you don't mind me piggy-backing off your post but I have been patiently waiting all day for someone to ask my dumb question but it looks like this task will fall to me (sorry, duh).

@house_cat I am confused as to how exactly this works.  Do you line the glasses with the parchment, fill them and then transfer them to something else to bake them in or do you need to use oven proof glasses (which I am not familiar with).  After filling them, could you use those mini cupcake tins to hold them in place while baking?

Please know I am a fan as (for me) it does look extra fancy but I am completely confused on the technique . . . Smiley Sad

@momtochloe  Maybe I'm too literal, but I just assumed that @house_cat pushed the squares of parchment into a muffin tin, using a glass to push them in. Then she poured the batter in and baked them as usual, in the muffin tin. Same as paper muffin cups, but with a much more attractive presentation. Now you have me wondering if that's actually right!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]