Honored Contributor

Re: POLISH POTTERY TONIGHT AT 10 PACIFIC

This is way cheaper then the polish pottery they had on yrs. ago. That stuff was sky high and hand signed by the maker. This stuff is a whole lot more economical which leads me to believe it's more of a knock off.

Get what you pay for. I'm glad I got one piece of the original offerings.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I like the jack-o-lantern.  But the owls creep me out ... the eyes.

The owls are ok for me but that pumpkin is CREEPY!  And for those of you not familiar with polish stoneware this is not the same vendor nor is the stoneware from the same factory that was sold on QVC some years ago.  This stoneware is from a small small factory in the same area.  I cannot speak to the quality produced by this factory.  I can tell you however, that the Zanger Company ( Gloria ) continues to sell Stoneware from Ceramika Artystyczna, widely viewed as producing the best polish stoneware, but not on TV since she left QVC years ago now.  You could and can always find her stoneware online or at her store in Conn.

I still miss those shows with Gloria!  That stoneware had many fans on QVC. And then it was just gone.  It was beautiful. The shows were such fun.

Honored Contributor

I'll give U a heart for that post. Gloria's stuff had to be top notch

Respected Contributor

This pottery is from a different factory than polish pottery offered in the past.  That is why they are saying it is new.

Respected Contributor

This is no "knock-off"; it is just from a different factory.

Honored Contributor

I liked the original stuff better kind of like the difference between real diamonds and CZ.

Honored Contributor

Evine is selling Polish Pottery and the quality is very good, although it is not from the same factory Gloria  brought to QVC. I bought a tea pot from Evine, I love it and it comparable to the pieces I have from Gloria. You can tell real Polish Stoneware from a knock off by the word unikat on the back of the piece and they are usually signed by the artist.

Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

Evine is selling Polish Pottery and the quality is very good, although it is not from the same factory Gloria  brought to QVC. I bought a tea pot from Evine, I love it and it comparable to the pieces I have from Gloria. You can tell real Polish Stoneware from a knock off by the word unikat on the back of the piece and they are usually signed by the artist.

baker, unikat is Polish for "unique." Unikat pieces are a higher level of artistry and are higher-priced -- and usually signed. There are different levels of PS, even from the same factory. The lack of "unikat" does not necessarily mean that it is a knock-off; it means that it is a more basic type of design.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@lovesdishes wrote:

This is no "knock-off"; it is just from a different factory.

I agree with you, the only difference is that it's from a smaller factory, only 20 workers, all family.

I bought a Lidia piece a couple of years ago because I saw her line on the net and I liked the designs.  I own one piece and it is top quality.  I don't know about what's being sold on QVC now, but I have no reason to think it's different than the piece I have of hers already.

I miss Gloria, also, her pieces were amazing and obviously top quality.  I wish she was back, but since she's not, I do like what Lidia brought with her.  IMO Lidia's pieces have a more updated look, and they certainly are less expensive.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@baker wrote:

baker, unikat is Polish for "unique." Unikat pieces are a higher level of artistry and are higher-priced -- and usually signed. There are different levels of PS, even from the same factory. The lack of "unikat" does not necessarily mean that it is a knock-off; it means that it is a more basic type of design.

Hi suzy!

Lidia showed the bottom on one piece last night which said "Unikat," and she explained what it meant, so yes, they do carry Unikat pieces.  I don't remember which piece it was, it may have been the chicken piece.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices