Esteemed Contributor

Did QVC ever sell Omaha steaks? A long time ago (its not showing on my order history) I had steaks on auto delivery. Thinking about placing an order. I had just thought they were Omaha and I am not seeing that brand.

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Omaha steaks

[ Edited ]

@happycat, yes, Q did sell Omaha Steaks products for a short time

Yes, Omaha Steaks corporation is based in Omaha.

Yes, they do sell online - OmahaSteaks dot com. I 'm not posting the full link due to Q's posting rules.

You can goggle for Omaha Steaks to find the precise link, if you wish.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless, thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

hsn most recently sold that brand.

I tried it a number of years ago and found the that meat just had this off-putting taste to it.     

Frequent Contributor

QVC sells Kansas City steaks and burgers. Delicious.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased one of the package deals they were recently advertising on the TV, and was very disappointed.  The steak and pork chps were small and just ok as far as taste and tenderness.  Now I have the Omaha steak telemarketers calling about every other day.  I have had much better results with Kansas City steaks.    This is just my personal opinion.  Hope it helps.

Honored Contributor

every year we receive the "gift box" with filet mignon, pork chops & sides...it's OK if you want to have good steaks, etc. try Kansas City Steaks from Q.

The reason I say this is Greg Schokley (vendor rep) was the caterer for my nieces wedding -- oh my gosh the food from appetizers, stations of seafood, etc. to main course to dessert station was delicious! That filet mignon they served was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife - 

i was so impressed my niece sent me a nice ty gift from KC it was just as delicious. 

I have a $100 gc for Omaha steaks still sitting in the cabinet for over a year.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Omaha steaks

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

hsn most recently sold that brand.

I tried it a number of years ago and found the that meat just had this off-putting taste to it.     

My MIL really liked their food and would send us their specials as a gift for the holidays and other special occassions. 

It just never seemed to work out very well though in general when the food was shipped to us, as the food just always seemed to taste really dried out by the time that I would make it, unfortunately.

It would come to us packed in dry ice, and it was almost like it was "freezer burned," it was just so dried. I really think that this was the problem for us--that the dry ice just dried the frozen raw meat out, especially. Smiley Sad

This was a problem with the frozen raw meats in particular, like the steaks, chicken and chops. The battered fish and shrimp and other prepared frozen foods, desserts, or entrees were fine.

I think the other problem was probably the shipping conditions too--it took a couple days to get to us from the time that it was shipped, so it had to go through shipping extremes, too, and I don't think that this helped, either.

This seemed to be a consistent problem that we had, and no matter how I tried to prepare the food, it always turned out the same way. I would marinate it or bake it or slow cook it, etc., and it was always really dry.

Sometimes she would send us a gift certificate instead, and then we would go to one of their retail stores and get some food that way.

It was a totally different and better experience then, as we didn't have to worry about it being shipped with dry ice to us at home. 

I would recommend buying their food from a retail store in your area, if you have one close enough to you and you want to try their food. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

My wife and I have ordered from Omaha Steaks for a number of years.  Never once have we gotten beef that was freezer burned.....or dry......or tasted funny.   We just had their filet mignons last weekend and they were very good.  Their Gourmet Burgers are also very tasty.  We tried Kansas City sirloins......ONCE.  They were absolutely covered with so much Rosemary they weren't fit to eat until they'd been rinsed.  I did get a refund from Q on those.    We  now have an order for the Rastelli sirloins on it's way from Q, but after reading the reviews, I'm sorry I ordered them, but we will see.

Respected Contributor

We are big fans of Omaha Steaks.  I am over the moon for their caramel apple tartlets.   Top those with a scoop of vanilla Haagen-Daz...omg.  We also love their flatbread pizzas as well.  Awesome service & consistently excellent meat on all levels.