Not applicable
Love using my range mate, which I've used almost daily for about seven months since the TSV last year. Like so many other comments, it has been a game changer in how and what I cook. Even though I wash out the range mate after every use as directed, it has built up a continuously increasing odor of all the meats I've grilled, especially strong in the cover. I would appreciate any feed back as to similar experience and/or suggestions on how to get rid of the smells. I have tried soaking in vinegar which only helped minimally. Thank You!
Regular Contributor

Re: Odor buildup in range mate

Try washing it with baking soda, make a paste, rub the bottom and inside the top, let sit a little while, rinse with hot water.

Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Re: Odor buildup in range mate

After lightly cleaning with a very light soap and water, I spray it with a mixture of 75% vinegar, 25% water and a few small DROPS of dawn mixed into the spray bottle. That is my go-to counter spray. Anyway, I spray the Rangemate down, lid inside and body inside, then fill with hot water. I put the lid on it, heat it in the microwave on high for three minutes, then let it sit for an hour. I rinse it and then let it air dry. It is not perfect, but it helps a lot. I may try the baking soda idea, but last time I tried that on a Teflon non-stick, which is porous, I ended up with my food tasting like baking soda even though I rinsed thoroughly.