Trusted Contributor

Nutra Ninja - Can Someone Please Explain

What "nutrient extraction" actually means?

The way the vendor explains it has more to do with the power of the system (i.e. blades can cut through ice, food is pulverized etc) than where the "nutrient" comes in and why this is so special.

Vitamix does the very same thing (which this vendor often alludes to when making a comparison - and not in a good way).

Also, doesn't HSN sell something similar, which also claims to be a one-of-its-kind "nutrient extractor"?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Regular Contributor

Re: Nutra Ninja - Can Someone Please Explain

Their probably told to use as many word as possible. It's all for advertising. Extraction would mean you draw it out, well how can you? Unless by breaking it down it's automatically doing that. Which it could be, I don't know..... Hummmmm
Trusted Contributor

I find it interesting that tonight both the Q and HSN are offering, as a TS, a "nutrient extractor".   I received the Nutri Bullet, as a gift and it does pulverize the entire items that I put in.  My blender, even on liquify, wouldn't do that and the old juicer would extract the liquid and the fiber would get tossed in the compost pile  My daughter has the Vitamix and the Nutri Bullet - both she and her husband use both of them daily.  So, it depends on personal preference / cost / etc. on which one (or ones) you are selecting.

Trusted Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

I find it interesting that tonight both the Q and HSN are offering, as a TS, a "nutrient extractor".   I received the Nutri Bullet, as a gift and it does pulverize the entire items that I put in.  My blender, even on liquify, wouldn't do that and the old juicer would extract the liquid and the fiber would get tossed in the compost pile  My daughter has the Vitamix and the Nutri Bullet - both she and her husband use both of them daily.  So, it depends on personal preference / cost / etc. on which one (or ones) you are selecting.

Well, what do ya' know. I will have to compare the presentations. I have an entry level Vitamix which I love. For smaller and quick drinks, I have an IsaBlender which works well also.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Regular Contributor

Our internist keeps recommending the Nutra Bullit (sp?) and says they are sold

at Costo.  I was watching the presentation on HSN, then flipped over to QVC, to

see an almost identical presentation of the Kitchen Ninja. Thought it was interesting

- both were offering basically the same product at the same time, as a "Special

Value".  Know I should take our doctor's advice and buy one, but drinking green

juice just doesn't appeal to me!

Respected Contributor

I have a Nutribullet--doing it over again, I'd probably buy this Ninja instead. 

The "nutrient extraction"  is pretty simple. If you eat a stalk of celery, most of it goes through you. If you masticate or pulverize it, you get more of the nutrients available in liquid form. 

And you can eat more of it--as drinking a veggie smoothie is less filling than pounding down a spinach salad. 

Fun that HSN has the Bullet today and Q has the Ninja. 

Here's a good recipe:

1/2 cucumber, peeled

1/2 cup or so of Coconut Water

1 stick of fresh peeled pineapple

handful of spinach

juice of one lime

tastes like a pina colada and very hydrating and good for you. 

Honored Contributor

I also have a Nutri Bullet and didn't watch the TSV presentations, so I can't speak to what this particular product may do.  However, you are on the right track when you speak of the power of the machine.  I've had other various blenders, etc. and they cannot match the grinding power of the little Nutri Bullet.  It will grind nuts, seeds, thick heavy veggies, fruits with rinds, etc.

When using machines with less power, you have to peel much of the produce, or not use the seeds (although some seeds should not be eaten) because the machine just won't pulverize that stuff.  When you do that, you're not getting the most out of the produce, i.e. minerals, vitamins, fiber, etc.

I could never attempt to eat as many whole veggies (especially raw) as I can drink when pulverized.  Also, it whips them into a foamy consistency, which is good if you want to use it for fruit smoothies, etc.

Respected Contributor

I have the NutriBullet, one of the first.  If I was buying, I would buy the Nutrininja for the price and power, 1100W.  That is the only reason.  I love my bullet and use it daily.  If it dies, I'm getting a Vitamix.  My sister just got one and I will be getting one too!