Honored Contributor

Nov 4th Le Creuset TSV David said

On ITKWD, David said there will be a Le Creuset TSV on November 4th. Anyone want to speculate what it will be? They hinted it was made in France so I'd think it must be enameled cast iron as their stainless and ceramic lines are made in China. 

I wonder if it will have a fall theme for Thanksgiving like a pumpkin shaped pot? I'd be thrilled if it was one of their large roasters. If it's a regular round or oval French oven then I'll probably have to pass as I already have a variety of sizes in those, even the goose pot. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Re: Nov 4th Le Creuset TSV David said

I bought my first Le Creuset two weeks ago.  Got a nice oval baker on super clearance

( $149.00 plus a one day only extra 20% discount!) sale at Sur La Table. ( I made sure it  was a model made in France.) I am loving it!  I cannot believe the difference it makes in the flavor of my food.  Now I am hooked, and would love to get a round casserole to go with.

Honored Contributor

I was very fortunate, I purchased a 8 qt cast iron by Frontique (knock off of ? I'm sure) from HSN ($90).  The lid was chipped the item was sold out they advised I contact the manufacturer who was JK Henkels.

I received a beautiful 8 qt. La Coquette version by Staub (made in France) a $379 replacement!  It looks black but its a deep blue

I cooked with it made a great beef stew, stuffed peppers and just love the size.  I have others including LeCruset and I really don't see the difference except the interior is dark.

I needed a larger size and LeCruset was out of my price point. 

IMG_0891.JPG

Respected Contributor

Glad he mentioned, Made in France. Looking forward to it!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, If anyone knows more about this-please share!!!

Valued Contributor

David did hint about the tsv. He said the video in the factory shows what is being made for it. I've never watched the factory video during a LeCreuset presentation closely enough. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because a link was provided that takes you to another retailer to make a purchase..

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

David did hint about the tsv. He said the video in the factory shows what is being made for it. I've never watched the factory video during a LeCreuset presentation closely enough. 

Well that made me rewatch the presentation last night, but I didn't hear them reference the factory video regarding the TSV. But I did hear him say that the TSV piece was going to be very different than the 6qt oven they were showing and that you'd want both. So it doesn't seem like it will be an oven, which what I really thought it would be since that is such a basic piece. I really hope it's the 7qt roasting pan since that's the only thing I want at the moment. I have tons of the other pieces. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Here is just a guess, but I would think that to be a TSV they want to sell a lot. Therefore they try to keep the price point down. So, I could be very wrong, but I'm betting it will be a smaller piece, and less expensive, in order to appeal to more buyers.

Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

I would bet on something like the way they sell Apple products.  Something older in the line, has a lot of stuff like spatulas or pot holders or something with it, and costs WAY more than you could get it on sale or from a good retailer or one of their outlet stores.