Honored Contributor

Not happy with kitchenaid- anyone else with problems?

Kitchenaid stand mixer serial# WL2632881, model # K45SSW8. Product was not purchased from qvc but was my christmas gift in 2001, from my husband. Great product no problems until the last two weeks. The planetary gear band that holds the beaters (silver band above the beaters) just popped loose and slid down around the beaters. This was a very loud noise plus scared me to death. I had to turn machine off, clean and remove the beaters before I could slide and push band back on. The band will not stay on. I called kitchenaid and they wanted to send a return shipping kit to me for the cost of $32.00 and would take at least 4 weeks for return. I then remembered that We had purchased the extended warrenty that is good until 12/26/11. I tried to explain all the listed above problems to the customer service rep. She indicated thatSmiley Sad I was only telling her what I was doing with the product )and not the problem. She wanted to know if the beaters could rotate or if the mixer cut off. I tried 3 times to explain and told her that I was going to terminate the call. I wanted the kitchenaid because I thought the product was well made and would last and that they had a great customer service. The rep at kitchenaid asked if I wanted to purchase a new mixer from them???? Product cost about $164.00 and lasted 10 years?