New Contributor

Several years ago I bought a no mess dough disc from QVC.  It came with a chicken and dumplings recipe which I have recently misplaced.  Does anyone still have that recipe and would they share it please

QVC Customer Care

Hi @mdrbclds mamaw - I looked the item up here to see if we had any documentation scanned for it, sorry I did not see any instructions and/or recipes, but I was able to see a phone number for this company - 800-456-0851 Wood Family Enterprise. Hope that might help. Thank you for posting in the Community forums! 👍 ~Kim, qvc

Occasional Contributor

Re: No mess dough disc

[ Edited ]

Southern Style Chicken and Dumplings

1 Chicken

4 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 sticks margerine

1 Tablespoon salt

2 cups boiling chicken broth (strained)

Boil one whole chicken in large pot until done. Remove chicken and continue to boil broth. In separate bowl mix flour and salt. Add margerine; pour 2 cups of the hot broth directy ove margerine. Mix until dough leaves sides of bowl. Flour board cover generously. This dough is very sticky so use extra flour. (You need it for thickener anyway.) Roll out on No Mess Dough Board. Cut dumplings in 2" squares, 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Drop dumplings into boiling broth. After adding all the dumplings, reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take chicken from bones and drop back with dumplings. 

(recipe card is dated 1997!)

Honored Contributor

Re: No mess dough disc

[ Edited ]

Found it on Taste of Home forums.

Here is another...I got this recipe in with my No Mess Dough Disc...I have made them before when I want rolled dumplings....very good!!

SOUTHERN STYLE CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks butter/margarine
2 cups chicken broth (strained)
1 whole chicken, cut-up

Chicken:
Boil chicken in a large pot until done. Remove chicen and continue to boil broth.

Dumplings:
Mix flour and salt, add butter and 2 cups of strained chicken broth. Mix until dough leaves sides of bowl. Flour dough disc cover generously. Roll out to 1/8" thickness and cut dumplings in 2" squares. Drop dumplings into boiling broth and simmer 10-15 minutes; stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from bones and drop back in pot with dumplings.

I found another recipe online that says it's the No Mess Dough Disc recipe which is the same as above except lists 1 tablespoon salt. Guess you will have to decide how much salt to use.

New Contributor

Thank you so much.  I will call them Monday.

New Contributor

sounds exactly like the one I lost.  You are an angel.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

@mdrbclds mamaw I could have asked the exact same question here as I lost the recipe, too! Only thing I could remember from it was the 4 cups of flour and 1 tablespoon of salt. Thank you @QSuzy for posting the recipe. I'm going to write it down and hold onto it this time. I love my no mess dough disc.....it reminds me of the good ole days of shopping with the Q!  

Respected Contributor

I do love my dough disk. Still use it frequently.

Honored Contributor

Me, too!  I love this product.  I still use mine all the time.  I would say this is definitely one of my top 5 QVC purchases of all time.

A few years ago I called the 800# on the back and ordered another set of covers as mine were getting warn out. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped

@pupwhipped wrote:

@mdrbclds mamaw I could have asked the exact same question here as I lost the recipe, too! Only thing I could remember from it was the 4 cups of flour and 1 tablespoon of salt. Thank you @QSuzy for posting the recipe. I'm going to write it down and hold onto it this time. I love my no mess dough disc.....it reminds me of the good ole days of shopping with the Q!  

shoekitty said

I think it was QVC's hayday, IMO.  The 50/50 tour was the best ever program on QVC EVER!  I coudn't wait to watch it every week.  The products weren't always '\something I wanted, but it was such fun, really, really fun.  I learned a lot too

I still have the no mess dough disc.  It was a great. simple product that really took off.  I think even today it goes down as the best selling tv product of all time.  That and that sonic bug thing.  The one you plug in and it kills bugs.  I think they eventually took it off the market for some reason.  But it sold as well as the dough disc