Honored Contributor

Re: New KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer

Late last night, there was an ad for the mini on our local station. Truthfully, it looked to me as though it would do what I needed it to do, and fact is, it is VERY cute looking. 

If I were to be sure it was functional for its size I'd still move forward, if the color were right.

Honored Contributor

Wish I had never bought mine from Q. Just today I got up late and had to make his **** waffles wanted to beat egg whites in the small bowl of the KA and it kept clanging the side of the bowl , so, I had to stop and try to adjust the screw with a screw driver . everytime you change bowls or beaters U have to mess with that screw. My Cuisinart was mixing the batter and I needed the KA to do the whites. Finally just had to use a hand mixer.

Disappointed in the KA stand mixer

Respected Contributor

@SharkE....How many bowls came with your mixer? I just use the one bowl that came with mine.
Honored Contributor

I got 2 and 2  or 3 beaters forget how many. 

I'm gonna call CS and see how much of my money I can get back if I return to them or Kitchen Aid.

I don't want to have to adjust that screw bolt everytime I change beaters or bowls. Not gonna work for me.

Honored Contributor

Well, that's good news called CS and they said send it back and they would refund to my credit card, minus, the 10.95 shp. cost. Bought it back in May, so, hasn't been a yr. yet.

Don't know what I'll buy next , but, won't be a KA. Shame, they're so pretty just no quality any more.

anyway, hats off to the Q !   Thanks !

Heart

Honored Contributor

Check out the Ankarsrum mixer, made in Sweden and it's been around since 1940 and has a ton of attachments. I love mine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

When I was growing up, my mom had a Sunbeam stand mixer.  It was a workhorse, and it was made so you could remove the mixer from the stand and use it as a hand mixer.  I guess they don't make them anymore?  Everything now is those big, heavy Kitchenaids.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

To answer my own question above, yes they do still make a Sunbeam stand mixer.  There are many different models on Amazon.  One 325 watt for $62.  That considerably cheaper than the much touted Kitchenaid.  That would be my choice for a mixer @SharkE.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Glad to see this thread. I had been seeing the ad on TV (not on Q) for the smaller mixer. I was considering it, due to my limited cabinet space. I don't use any mixer a lot, but when mixing some really thick batter, my hand mixer wears me out. I sure don't want to have to mess with screws & such!! 

Honored Contributor

My first kitchen aid never had a bit of a problem with it. I made the mistake of selling it for 100, then got me a Cuisinart at Bd and bath with the 20% off coupon forget what I paid for it 250 at least I think, then, Q came out with the pretty colors and I was wanting a small bowl just for egg white beating and mashed potatoes for 2 and liked the flex edge beater theory, So , I shelled out another 320 for the pink one.

first one I sent back to KA it was defective/damaged beyond reason.

Then, they sent me a new one, I never could get the bowls to work with each different beater. Have to take on and off the beaters all the time, change the bowls, adjust the screw to how they tell you in the book to do.

Go left or right depending if it's to low in the bowl or to high. I don't have time to sit down with my screw driver and adjust and fiddle with that every time I wanted to have mashed potatoes, so, today I decided to see if Q would stand behind it, they did, so now I'm looking around for a little stand mixer with small bowl just for the 2 jobs I mainly want it for. Wish Cuisinart made a small one. Not a bit of trouble with that Co.

Amazon, has a ton of different ones, I just want to go into town and come back with one that will work for no more then I require it to do.

My mother in law had a Sunbeam that she used for a long time, but, I read online where people are saying the beaters just sit there in one spot while the bowl is flying around. I really don't know what to buy !

KA pretty well rules the market place around here don't feel up to getting a 3rd one.