Super Contributor

New KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer

[ Edited ]

Have been seeing the ads for this new mixer and am interested because my kitchen is small.  THEN I saw the price and changed my mind...pricier than the regular size one!  Hopefully, the price will drop a bit when the newness wears off.  Anyone have it?  If so, do you like it?

Respected Contributor

Re: New KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer

[ Edited ]

Consider the open top mixer on Evine if it comes back in stock. I'm watching it to check when it does cuz I might just order it! Item number 462-654. So far the reviews are good by people that seem to have baking/mixing skills that don't overload the bowl or use the wrong beater attachment for the density of the dough.

462-654- Cook's Companion® 600W 5 qt Open Top Multi Functional Standless Mixer w/ Attachments

Honored Contributor

Looks like be good for pizza dough, about it

Trusted Contributor

Check YouTube for, "amy learns to cook' channel. She does a review on this mini mixer. Not so good!

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't see the appeal of it, it's only 20% smaller. It's really not going to save much space. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I saw if for the first time in a Bm store and showed it to my DH. I was laughing and was like "why" I couldn't even mix batter for one cookie in there.  Then when I heard it explained it was for smaller kitchens and folks who make smaller dishes.  But why wouldn't you just use a hand Mixer?  I don't know about this.

Honored Contributor

My kitchen is small and I have always used a hand mixer.  I've never found anything it wouldn't handle including double batches of cookie dough.  I think the need for big, expensive stand mixers is exaggerated.  (By Kitchenaid)

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On the one on Evine, there is a video review on Youtube by Hands that Cook.
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I honestly don't see the appeal of it, it's only 20% smaller. It's really not going to save much space. 

Actually, it does save space and it's much lighter.

I gave my original to my daughter when she went out on her own, it was too big to leave out on the counter taking up valuable real estate and because of the weight of it when I wanted to use it.

I love my mini!

Honored Contributor

I have the most basic and smallest KA stand mixer they make. Spent $169 from Tar*get 20 years ago. It does me just fine. I store it on a rack next to my kitchen. Not a whole lot bigger than the mini.