Super Contributor

Need help with choosing fiesta colors

Macy's is having a great sale on fiesta ware...buy more, save more.  I currently have 4-piece place settings in turquoise and lemongrass.  I'd like to order three more settings...I guess in 3 more complimentary colors.  Your suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help with choosing fiesta colors

I had an awful time picking a color when I bought a service for six.  Do I get six different colors or six of the same.  I went with six of the same, but narrowing it down was a task.  I don't know the official color name, but they are red.  I think that color will also go with your two colors.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Loveac,

I love Fiesta dishes & bakeware!  You have two of my favorites already.... turquoise & lemongrass.

I started with turquoise & white.  Very conservative, haha.  Later I added flamingo (now retired), lemongrass, ivory.  I think those are some of my favorites together.  If I had it to do over again, I may have skipped white and had the ivory instead.  But, white is nice sometimes too.  White does sometimes show silverware (gray marks) which easily clean off with bar keepers friend. 

I also added other colors, but if I am setting a special table, I find that those are my favorites.  I also have peacock, scarlet, tangerine, sunflower. 

I have this photo from when I was having a little fun putting together the colors. 

photo 4sets-001_zpsj4ce96w5.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I love the red too!  (Scarlet) 

photo Christmas table2-001_zpsalj7symw.jpg

Trusted Contributor

You can have so many different looks.... I just love it!

Sorry I am taking over... I'll stop now, haha.

photo flamingocup-001_zpst8vs4elw.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I spoke too soon!  I wanted to give you another idea when choosing colors.  You could look at table linens, or fabric to see different color combinations that include your turquoise & lemongrass. 

I know you wanted to get in on the sale, but another idea that was suggested by others is to buy a few fruit bowls in the colors you are considering, and see how you like them.  The fruit bowls are great, and they are pretty inexpensive.

Anyway, I bought this fabric which I thought went with my colors, and I made a small size tablecloth and a couple napkins.  It brings the colors together.

The small leaves in the fabric are very close to lemongrass. 

Hope this helps.

photo coffeeNscone-002_zpsuxdmw2mq.jpg

Super Contributor

Oceantown, I love your color combinations, and love the napkins too!  I think the red against the turquoise really pops!  And I'm liking the ivory as well.  Thanks for the ideas...now to make my final decision......

Trusted Contributor

@Loveac, you are so welcome.  You may want to join us sometime over on the other fiesta thread, here in kitchen.

Have fun with your Fiesta! 

Respected Contributor

@Loveac wrote:

Oceantown, I love your color combinations, and love the napkins too!  I think the red against the turquoise really pops!  And I'm liking the ivory as well.  Thanks for the ideas...now to make my final decision......

@Loveac  The new 2016 color will be known in less than a month.  I am betting on a light or medium purple which might go well with your colors.  When I see Turquoise and Lemongrass, I think of summer and tropical.  Ocean has Flamingo and the Ivory which go very nicely with those colors.  I have one place setting per color so I can mix it up. 

Frequent Contributor

I have  pieces in scarlet, turquoise and lapis.  I'm excited to see what their new colors are!!