Honored Contributor

That happened to the special pumpkin one I purchased around Thanksgiving time.  I can't blame Temptations for my poor judgment.  I decided to make gravy with it on the stove top.  It clearly says not to do that, but I thought if the heat was low enough.... well, the bottom line is that I deserved it.  It's still a pretty piece that I'll put out next autumn, but I can no longer bake in it.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I only have a mere handful of Temp-tations items. I would buy more, but it seems so hit and miss. The painting on one set I have is terribly uneven and as some reviewers have said about the painting, it looks like a 5 year old did it. I've read some reviews saying they need to get better quality control, and I agree. Several reviews often say that the quality is not as good as it used to be. It's a shame because the pieces are  so cute and lovely and charming. But I am holding off buying any more pieces until I see better and more consistent postive reviews. 

When I bake with it I often place a baking sheet on the bottom, in case the item does crack. Not comfortable doing that, and the items are pricy enough that there should be better quality. But like others have said, it is not worth the hassle and expense to return. 

I did read some where that aparently there won't be anything new until the middle of the year and it looks like they are Clearancing a lot of the items. Hopefully they are working on quality control.

I will say, though, a lot of stoneware has this problem of cracking, so it is not just Temp-tations.

I like the idea someone metioned about just using it to serve in (and I've considered that myself a lot of times), but sometimes that takes away from the appearance of the final/finished cooked or baked product. I suppose it would be okay for things you dump anyway, like mac and cheese or roasts, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would try Tara's facebook page with your situation. I've had good luck with all of my Temptations.  I've read some reviews that RR dishes sometimes do the same thing. It may just be lack of quality control because all of these things are made in China.

If you just want to replace one dish try Tara's website.  That's what I've done for the sizes that I use every week.  I have limited storage space and don't want a set for just the one dish that I use most often.  She has a lot of sales but the selection is somewhat limited.

Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

I can tell by the painting on this one and the lack of handles, that this is a much older piece. There replacement is for three years from date of purchase. And you do have to pay $9.99 for shipping on the 'free' replacement piece. They most likely won't have this same piece but will substitute something similar. 

If it is worth the $10 to you, you could contact Temp-tations CS, but it looks like a piece from much longer ago based on the painting technique on this one (the old world painting has changed several times over the years).

Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, I have many Temp. dishes that have done that...they won't replace even if you have had a short time...I use some for just cold foods...if the crack is really bad, which I have had a few, I just toss...what a waste of money...I have cut WAY back on buying Temp. There are many pieces I would love to have but won't take a chance.  I am sorry that happened to you.