Honored Contributor

Has anybody used Chef Ming Tsai's Platinum Ceramic or new Diamond Platinum cookware?  Just wondering how it stacks up.  I'm intrigued, but It seems rather pricey.

Respected Contributor

I have. Not the brand new one. I ordered the large square one and liked it so much I bought a set. So far so good. Have only had them a few months. They clean up well!

Honored Contributor

He had a big deep fryer that looked great. His stuff isn't cheap, true.

Respected Contributor
Is that the annoying cook on PBS? Not a fab of his dishes or his presentations.
Honored Contributor

Re: Ming Tsai Cookware?

[ Edited ]

I have no idea if he's on PBS or not; however, whether he is annoying or not has no bearing on whether he has good cookware or not.  I have his Air Fryer and like it a lot although it's not as easy to clean as advertised.  Can't get the baked on grease off and it's probably more noticeable becaue the coating is copper colored vs black.

Respected Contributor
You know what Im confusing him with Alton brown. alton Brown is such a ham i cant stomach him. He behaves like a dope.
Trusted Contributor

Ice goddess try cleaning it with a paste made from baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Just rub it gently so you don't scratch it.  Works like a charm for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
You know what Im confusing him with Alton brown. alton Brown is such a ham i cant stomach him. He behaves like a dope.

I know Alton is on The Food Network.  Didn't know he was on PBS.

Respected Contributor
Alton Browns "Good Eats" is too silly for me and his humor is juvenile. I turn the channel if I see him on the air.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Has anybody used Chef Ming Tsai's Platinum Ceramic or new Diamond Platinum cookware?  Just wondering how it stacks up.  I'm intrigued, but It seems rather pricey.

@Icegoddess I don't know if this is helpful but I have Ming's original version of his wok and cannot say enough good things about it.  Cooks great and cleans like a breeze.  I was lucky to purchase it when they had a great sale so the price was very good too.  I like the new hammered finish on his new pieces, very pretty!